The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Should I have any Beta's available?
Yes! 303 95.28%
No! 15 4.72%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 18th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
HACK NAME: Awakened Legends

HACK OF:

INTRODUCTION: Okay, for those of you who don’t know me, I’m Melash! This is my first hack, so it’s probably not that good! But still, I do accept criticism! In fact, I really do want everyone to critisize what they thing could be improved with this hack! So welcome to my hack, Awakened Legends. Wanna know about it? Well, here’s the storyline. Well, at least just the first of it! Of course I can’t tell you the whole story:

STORYLINE: Of course I can't tell you most of the storyline right now, you'll have to wait to play it first! But here's a 'sample' of the storyline: The game takes place five years after the original GSC. This isn't a remake, it's more of what happens after GSC. After Team Rocket failed again and again to obtain world domination, in both the Kanto and Jhoto, and failing both times, they realized that they had to do make a comeback. But Givonni had failed them so many times...it was time to appoint a new leader...and a new strategy. They would have to harness the power of a legendary Pokemon, and Pokemon that had been in the Whirl Islands for years...once they harnessed that Pokemon's power, they would become unstoppable!
NEWEST FEATURES!:
Spoiler:

All right, here I'll post the newest feature(s) that I've added. So, enjoy!
The Challenge House This is kinda like the Challenge House for 3rd Generation Games, but a little different! I have a video, but no Youtube account! If someone has one, I'll upload it. Here's a shot of a maze challenge:
And here's a shot of ousdie the Challenge House:

Skills All right, in Prism, Coolboyman added some skills you could use, so I am too! These include the ability to swim, mine, and plant trees! Don't worry, those aren't the only ones! There's going to be a LOT more! Here's a screenie from inside a Salt Mine:
FEATURES:
EVERYWHERE has been remapped and changed
Spoiler:
Trust me, when I say EVERYWHERE, I mean EVERYWHERE!

New areas
Spoiler:
Yep, that's right, new areas!

You can catch all 251 Pokemon
Spoiler:
Of course!

COMPLETELY new storyline
Spoiler:
And I mean Completely...!

New sprites and graphics
Spoiler:
Some borrowed from Prism!

Gyms are optional!
Spoiler:
You're not forced!

No more SURF, you can now SWIM without an HM!
Spoiler:
After taking Swimming Lessions XD

COMPLETELY new Region
Spoiler:
Really, NO MORE KANTO!! Yes!! I'll upload the screenie later!

Awesome new place! The Challenge House!
Spoiler:
It's kind of like the Trick House from 3rd Gen, but this time it's for 2nd Gen! So far there's ten challenges, and you only have five minutes to complete each of them! I'll tell you more about them later!

SCREENSHOTS:

More are coming! NOTE: Right now I'm changing the graphics, so the graphics will look different! Also, some of these are a little outdated, so dont' judge the game soley on the screenshots!

MOVIES:
[spoiler]Okay, the videos are going to be coming soon! I'm just waiting for the people I sent them to to upload them!spoiler]
CHAPTERS:
Spoiler:
NOTE: I'm only going to add a description to the begining one's. I can't tell you the ending now!
1. What happened?-You wake up in a small hotel in New Bark Town after the ship crash. Your father gives you a Pokemon to and tells you to go find some help. He cannot go because of his broken leg. He tells you to travel to Cherrygrove City.
2. Call for help-You reach the end of Route 29 and find it impossible to progress any further because of flooding. Your father calls you for help on his sell phone, and you rush back to the hotel. When you arrive, you find a Red-Haired Team Rocket member attacking your father. You defeat him and your father gives you the HM, SURF.
3. Dragon's Den-You travel back up Route 29 to Cherrygrove City. Mountains block the path to the city. You follow a different Route to Blackthorn city and find the all ofGym leaders (except Bugsy) in Dragon's Den discussing what has happened. They then ask you to do something for them...to stop Team Rocket. Clair gives you the Rainbow Wing and asks you to go find Ho-oh.
4. Tin Tower-You reach Erktureak (Spelling!) City and attempt to make your way into Tin Tower. An old man blocks you and tells you that you are not worthy to proceed. You challenge him to a battle and win. After winning, you make your way into Tin Tower and get to the roof. Ho-oh is gone. You leave Tin Tower and make your way back to Blackthorn City, to tell them the bad news.
5. Paradise Island-The Gym leaders are gone! You go inside Clair's gym and find it empty! Where could they have gone? Then, you get a phone call. It's from a member of Team Rocket. They tell you that they have kidnapped all of the Gym Leaders. They tell you they are on an island known as, "Paradise Island" in the middle of the [Insert new Region name here!]. It's time to go to a new region!
6. The Underground Train-You travel to Azela City (not Azela Town anymore!) to try to get some help. Bugsy was not with the other Gym Leaders. Perhaps he is at Azela City. When you reach there, you find him in his gym. You ask him for help, but he refuses. He tells you to go to GoldenRod City and take the Magnet Train.
Spoiler:
NOTE: Of couse, after awhile, the Jhoto Region would get expanded! The Magnet Train now reaches to the new region!

7. Goldenrod Cave
8. Final Preparations
9. Olivine City
10. Lugia Released
11. Hunting the Legendaries
12. Island Search
13. Forbidden Island
14. Facing Team Rocket
15. The Final Battle
Those are probably going to change, and I"m also going to add a description to each of those!

STUFF NEEDED:
Not much! I just need to get AGPIX working!
TEAM:
Beta Testers: Eveeon, Yunghove, and Bigsteve
If you'd like to help, PM me or email me at melash59@gmail.com
GLITCHES AND BUGS:
Spoiler:

This is the section I may need help on. If you know how to fix it, post here, PM me, or email me!
Glitches:
I CANNOT get AGPIX working! I'm using Windows 98...
Custom Blocks don't work ingame!
PROGRESS:
Mapping: 45%
'Scripting': 5%
Full Progress: 20%
DOWNLOADS:
Spoiler:
Here's the stuff until the next beta:
1. I get AGPIX working
2. I learn how to script
3. Beta testers beta test!

AWARDS:
Spoiler:

Yay! An award! Hack of the Week #19!
BANNERS:Okay, here's the first banner! Here's the pic and code:

HTML Code:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142488] [IMG]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn184/McDukey/awakenthelegends.png[/IMG] [/url]
And here's the other:

HTML Code:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142488] [IMG]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn184/McDukey/awakenthelegends-1.png[/IMG] [/url]
All credit for those goes to McDukey! Thanks for the banners!

Add it to your sig if you want to support this hack!

Critisism is gladly accepted!

Last edited by Melash; July 10th, 2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Because I can...!
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Lollypop
Member since '07 <300 posts

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lollypop
Cool hack! I've been watching you from when you started posted in the map rating thread.

Off topic: First Post!

Random Fact 1: i play maplestory. Global, that is.

I support DJG's hacks 100% as they are soooo good.

pokemon raptor!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Salamance099?feature=mhee Subscribe please!
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Richard Head
Beginning Trainer

BTW, I recognise the name Melash from somewhere

Last edited by Richard Head; June 20th, 2008 at 04:38 AM.
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker

Ooh a new Rocket leader, that should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
G/S/C >>>>> R/S/E
Don't start, this type of post is in most of the RBGY/GSC hack threads.
If he is making it a gold hack leave him be and just let him make it with out saying, "oh dis hak should be new GBA not 0ld GB GFX".
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Hat?
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nice... I was going to make a similar hack, story-line wise, but quite a bit different too in some ways.
Anyway the plan looks good, the Team Rocket stuff feels like it wasn't quite finsihed yet in GSC.

As for betas, it might be best to leave that to your 'beta testers', at least try and complete a fair amount before any general public releases.
Good luck!
Old June 19th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Richard Head
Beginning Trainer

Last edited by Richard Head; June 20th, 2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old June 19th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
This seems kool Melash!
I can't wait to beta test.
GL!

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Wow, thanks for all your support!
Quote:
Cool hack! I've been watching you from when you started posted in the map rating thread.
Thanks! I've worked pretty hard on the maps myself!
Quote:
BTW, I recognise the name Melash from somewhere
I also post on GamFAQ's with the user name, 'Melash'
Quote:
Ooh a new Rocket leader, that should be interesting.
Yes, and that is one of the biggest things revealed in the end! The new Rocket Leader is someone from the original GSC games, and you'll be shocked when you find out who he/she is! Let's just say they're making a...comeback.

So, I just want to know something: How good of an idea does this sound? I'm going to be adding more info to my first post today!

BTW, how can I make some content hidden on the first post?
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Tyrantrum
Community Supporter

Press "EDIT" then "GO ADVANCED" then highlight what u want to hide.
After that, press the blue button that has the letters, "abc" on the far right.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Err...it didn't work for me!
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Tyrantrum
Community Supporter

That's strange...
Maybe spoilers just hate u!

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Yeah, guess so! Anyway, I'm thinking about adding some Fakemon into the game. Sound good?
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Tyrantrum
Community Supporter

I don't think so, Fakemon don't look very good to me in G/S/C.
Hey, u should edit ur post and add a Team and Credits.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
a fakemon sounds nice, as long as it's looking very well-made.
anyways, keep things up~
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Icy333666
Icy-Ruler of the frozen world

Send a message via AIM to Icy333666
So what all do i have to do with beta testing?
Old June 19th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Tyrantrum
Community Supporter

Um, ur not beta testing.
Ur not part of the team... :\

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old June 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Yeah, I don't know if I can accept you...you have to have already beta tested or had good proof in hacking...
Old June 19th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Icy333666
Icy-Ruler of the frozen world

Send a message via AIM to Icy333666
Oh. alrighty I really want to start learning how to do a hack cause I have an awesome storyline and stuff its just i cant ever get anything to work right so I thought doing beta testing would help me learn different aspects of it. but thanks anyways I cant wait for the release though
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Hat?
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melash View Post
Yeah, guess so! Anyway, I'm thinking about adding some Fakemon into the game. Sound good?
Adding Pokemon sounds good, just try and make sure they're done right, art-wise.
Old June 20th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Melash
Back for now.

^Yeah, it'll take some time to make them look good, but I think I can do it! BTW, I'm adding some more screenshots in a few minutes!
Old June 21st, 2008, 12:34 AM
Binary
え?

The story sounds good in my view. I like the idea of the hack and it's a G/S/C hack so I really think you're working hard on it. The fishing competition sounds nice. Good luck!
Old June 21st, 2008, 03:38 AM
black_cat
still learning to hack

looks really nice, the little bit of story you gave us sounds interesting! cant wait to play this.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 21st, 2008, 06:13 AM
Cronos
Im Back ;)

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cronos
I Understand That The Legendary Is Lugia But How Do You Battle It?With The Silver Wing?Do you Get The Same Way As in Silver?
Old June 21st, 2008, 09:11 AM
ℜªℳ
RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|

I can do banners and sprites if u need em

Still spriting behind the curtains. I've tried splicing, I've tried scratching, I've tried pixel overs, I've tried revamps and am 90%+ awesome at it. Now its time for the devamps
Old June 21st, 2008, 07:59 PM
Melash
Back for now.

Quote:
I Understand That The Legendary Is Lugia But How Do You Battle It?With The Silver Wing?Do you Get The Same Way As in Silver?
Well...that's the main part of the story! I can't tell you! After all, I dont' want to ruin the entire storyline! But you don't need the Silver Wing to fight it.
Quote:
I can do banners and sprites if u need em
Okay, thanks! Could you make 2 differnet one's? One that says: AWAKENED LEGENDS SUPPORTER that shows a Lugia in the backround, and then one that says, AWAKENED LEGENDS CREATOR: MELASH that shows the same background. I need one for myself! You can make more if you want, but try to keep them the size of regular one's.
Quote:
looks really nice, the little bit of story you gave us sounds interesting! cant wait to play
Thanks! Trust me, I'm going to work really hard on this!
Quote:
The story sounds good in my view. I like the idea of the hack and it's a G/S/C hack so I really think you're working hard on it. The fishing competition sounds nice. Good luck!
Again, thanks! Trust me, the fishing contest will be really fun! I'm also going to change the way they rate the score of your catch!

Anyway, thanks for all your support!

EDIT:
Hey, if you think you might know/think you know who the new leader of Team Rocket is, then post it here! But be sure to put it in
Spoiler:
[SPOLIER]Spolier tabs![/SPOLIER]

Last edited by Melash; June 21st, 2008 at 08:12 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here