• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

KurcioDurcio

Attempting something new
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
I used that new patch you said would make Ritchie appear and I evolved my Pidgeot so it's a Pidgeot and ran up and down in the Stadium League and the event of the flying event didn't happened..

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2011
metapod during the squirtle squad event you cant run until you leave minor thing just letting u know otherwise amazing hack !

Years
hey metapod if i save my game in the viridian city in ur beta 3.5 then if i repatch the game into beta 3.5.1 then can i play frm that save so that the ritchie error won't happen in the game as u have fixed it right?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018
i started ashgray on beta 2.5 i havent had a problem with pikachu since the new patch so im not sure. if i were to start a whole new game would everything be refreshed and cleared without any problems?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018
ok everybody listen up. whenever metapod releases a patch. be sure to delete the previous patch he released. eg beta 3.03 since beta 3.5.1 has been released. then repeat the lunar ips sequence by applying the patch to fire red over again. if u wanna double make sure. go to youtube and type in how to get pokemon ash gray and follow those exact steps and this makes everyones life easier. i am now able to walk in the indigo HQ. however my pikachu is obeying me sometimes for some reason lol. hope this helps. oh and dont forget to regular save in game aswell as pressing shift f1 also make a shift f2 for back up

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018
hey metapod pikachu still isnt obeying me. what can i do to make it obey? any steps that i have to take?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
i started ashgray on beta 2.5 i havent had a problem with pikachu since the new patch so im not sure. if i were to start a whole new game would everything be refreshed and cleared without any problems?

It should be. In the last beta I added a feature to have Pikachu not obey you until a certain variable is set (after it shocks the Spearow), but that really shouldn't make Pikachu disobey now, since the variable should have been set from your previous save file during that event.

Update: I've made a few more fixes as far as Ritchie appearing/disappearing at the correct spots, and I've fixed the Pidgeot event so that it will let you ride it in the sky if Pidgeot is in your party at the start of the event. I'll release a new beta tomorrow.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018
ye ive had no problems with pikachu till now its strange. is there anything i can do? or does pikachu just have to sit the rest of the game out or is it possible the next beta will correct it? that new feature you may have included could be impacting the game in the later stages such as the indigo plateau and all the battles? oh and where are professor oaks aides? there is a amulet coin they owe me but i cant find them. last question do you get another raft at some point if so can somebody tell me where?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2011
I've got a pidgeot in my party and am at Pallet town now. I've spoken to Ritchie and Oak upon leaving the pokemon league after winning it, so why isn't the pallet party panic event playing?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018
pallet party panic only occurs if you lose the pokemon league but if u have won the event wont come up. do you have any idea where the oak aides are? or if you get another raft?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018
go to search and type in ash gray and look at his pokemon profile slideshow and scroll down to see beta 3.5.1. but no point of downloading coz he is releasing another patch tomorrow

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
AshGray 3.5.3

A few bugs fixed. Remember to re-patch to a clean rom if you're having weird problems - try getting it from somewhere else, or using a different patch applier.

If you already beat the Champion, the Pallet Party Panic event will not activate. You have to beat the Champion again. Please revert to a previous save state. (Although, really, how could you have beat the Champion without cheating? Honestly?)

Last edited:

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
AshGray 3.5.2

A few bugs fixed. Remember to re-patch to a clean rom if you're having weird problems - try getting it from somewhere else, or using a different patch applier.

If you already beat the Champion, the Pallet Party Panic event will not activate. You have to beat the Champion again. Please revert to a previous save state. (Although, really, how could you have beat the Champion without cheating? Honestly?)

I just beat the Elite 4 with a lot of Sand Attack Thunder Wave and Double Team XD Took a lot of reloads. But..

GLITCH

If you beat the Elite 4 in 3.5.1 then talk to the Receptionist, the whole Indigo League starts again. I'm about to face Mandi on the Water Field xD. But if you talk to the Indigo Stadium man first, you can fight the champ.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
^ I'll look into that glitch.

Also, I'd just like to remind everyone not to touch any bad eggs. Don't remove them from storage or do anything with them. They could potentially screw up your progress if you do.

TheDarkShark

Metal Headed Hacker
Years
What!? I'm in the credits? Err, I didn't really do anything about the routine, lol. Thanks, man =D
Whenever I look into the episodes list, I get excited about Pokémon 2000. I've got a midi of Lugia's Song somewhere, just ask when you need it, even though there's a lot of time left until you'll want to implement it - of course only if you want to do so at all. Just keep it in mind :3

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
I decided to test the Pikachu disobedience. It works, but its quite annoying that theres a low chance at landing two thundershocks before Spearow pecks you to death.

Then its still possible to die while players search for the water. If you do die, you cant get past the Spearow, and must restart. I had that happen to one friend and the other got her Pikachu up to level 9 not knowing that you could jump into the water.

For the first, I'd script it either

A. So that the Spearow go away once you have died.
B. By "talking" to them, you're "shoved" past them.
C. Have a "respawn" point in that area where you're healed by cowering in a corner =P

For the other slight problem. Perhaps talking to the Spearow gives a hint that the player should dive into the water?

Its up to you what you wish to do, but I imagine some players get turned off by those things and don't ask for help on the forums. Keep up the good work Meta. Best hack (and pokemon game really) I've ever played.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I decided to test the Pikachu disobedience. It works, but its quite annoying that theres a low chance at landing two thundershocks before Spearow pecks you to death.

Then its still possible to die while players search for the water. If you do die, you cant get past the Spearow, and must restart. I had that happen to one friend and the other got her Pikachu up to level 9 not knowing that you could jump into the water.

For the first, I'd script it either

A. So that the Spearow go away once you have died.
B. By "talking" to them, you're "shoved" past them.
C. Have a "respawn" point in that area where you're healed by cowering in a corner =P

For the other slight problem. Perhaps talking to the Spearow gives a hint that the player should dive into the water?

Its up to you what you wish to do, but I imagine some players get turned off by those things and don't ask for help on the forums. Keep up the good work Meta. Best hack (and pokemon game really) I've ever played.

Okay, I fixed these glitches for the next beta. If you die before you pass through the river, you still respawn at home, but the Spearow will be gone when you come back and you have to get Pikachu from the tree and battle the Spearow, even if you already did so.

I also added a sign by the river that suggests you have a swim in it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2011
Okay, I fixed these glitches for the next beta. If you die before you pass through the river, you still respawn at home, but the Spearow will be gone when you come back and you have to get Pikachu from the tree and battle the Spearow, even if you already did so.

I also added a sign by the river that suggests you have a swim in it.

Hey Meta, you have really done an exellent work but in the next beta, can you make Brock easier to defeat. I trained Pikachu upp to level 15, Pidgeot up to level 13 and buterfree up to level 10 and it is very hard to win him. Although this is my favourite hack forever!!!

Back