• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
I like this game the best out of all of the games I have looked at.

I especially love Spectravian. I've always had a thing for Egyptian-like things and this is so cool! Arctolf is awesome too. ^_^

I look forward to more updates on this game, especially screenshots. After looking through the thread, I've noticed its been a while since a screenshot update.

~Kagu

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
MOAR SPRITEZ!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yesh. More sprites is right. Hopefully you can keep up. ^_^

dulo2766972706iaza.gif

Dulo
The Dust Bird Pokemon
Type: Rock/Flying
Ability: Rock Head/Keen Eye

Dulo are very common in the Deserts of Emort. They travel in huge flocks, tending to shy from their larger evolutions.

dustern8642010192iaza.gif

Dustern
The Dust Cloud Pokemon

Dustern are known to be extremely fast. When one sees a Dustern, it is hard to tell where it's tail begins and ends because of the dust cloud it's kicking up.

sectravian6167196326iaz.gif

Sectravian
The Secretive Pokemon

Sectravian are rarely seen. Not much information is known about their kind except that they are extremely aggresive and territorial.

Bravo Aquakip, these sprites are wonderful, I love the coloring.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Excellent work there, Aquakip.
Your spriting style is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing some more sprites. :)

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Nicely done! Have you thought about 5th gen pokemon?

We have, we have. And we've decided against it. You see, the Emort Region is geographically based near the Johto and Kanto landmass, and you will see many of the pokemon that exist there in our pokedex.

However, as none of the fifth generation pokemon appear anywhere in that part of the Pokemon world [those areas based on japan] it seems impractical to put any fifth gen pokemon in it.

Hopefully that answered it thoroughly.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
MOAR SPRITEZ!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yesh. More sprites is right. Hopefully you can keep up. ^_^

dulo2766972706iaza.gif

Dulo
The Dust Bird Pokemon

Dulo are very common in the Deserts of Emort. They travel in huge flocks, tending to shy from their larger evolutions.

dustern8642010192iaza.gif

Dustern
The Dust Cloud Pokemon

Dustern are known to be extremely fast. When one sees a Dustern, it is hard to tell where it's tail begins and ends because of the dust cloud it's kicking up.

sectravian6167196326iaz.gif

Sectravian
The Secretive Pokemon

Sectravian are rarely seen. Not much information is known about their kind except that they are extremely aggresive and territorial.

Ooohhhh!!! Cynic likes. :cer_love: These are one of my favourites in your dex. The detail in these are much more precise than previous sprites.

Keep it up.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Alright you guys, just thought I'd pop in to let you guys know that demo work, while slower, is still progressing. We still aim for a release some time within this season, but expect it closer to december.

Also, we've finally finished all of our Fakemon! Yes, folks, all 140 Emort Region fakemon are completely sprited, and we have them in our computers just waiting to show you.

But that would ruin the fun. So we will continue to show them sparingly. :)

That's all i have for now, perhaps I'll do a character update tomorrow.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Alright you guys, just thought I'd pop in to let you guys know that demo work, while slower, is still progressing. We still aim for a release some time within this season, but expect it closer to december.

Also, we've finally finished all of our Fakemon! Yes, folks, all 140 Emort Region fakemon are completely sprited, and we have them in our computers just waiting to show you.

But that would ruin the fun. So we will continue to show them sparingly. :)

That's all i have for now, perhaps I'll do a character update tomorrow.

do you mind me asking but what is your pseudo-legend based on :D

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
More sprites! :D
These are the Geodude of the region, very common in caves and rocky places.
mitle8285159084iaza.gif

Mitle
The Stalagmite Pokemon
Type: Rock
Ability: Rock Head

Mitle scamper along the floors of cold caves. They are common in the Desert and Mountain range of Emort.

petrite7043779036iaza.gif

Petritite
The Point Rock Pokemon
Type: Rock/Ice
Ability: Rock Head/Ice Body

These Pokemon move very slow and eat rocks. Their upper body is made primarily of ice.

------
Also...we have finished the dex! And instead of showing you any more Fakemon of Emort, we'd like to show you their sillhouettes for many reasons. One, to let you use your imagination and Two, for it to be a surprise as to what they actually look like when you play Pokemon Helio Version.

emortsillhouette.png

Enjoy!

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
More sprites! :D
These are the Geodude of the region, very common in caves and rocky places.
mitle8285159084iaza.gif

Mitle
The Stalagmite Pokemon
Type: Rock
Ability: Rock Head

Mitle scamper along the floors of cold caves. They are common in the Desert and Mountain range of Emort.

petrite7043779036iaza.gif

Petritite
The Point Rock Pokemon
Type: Rock/Ice
Ability: Rock Head/Ice Body

These Pokemon move very slow and eat rocks. Their upper body is made primarily of ice.

------
Also...we have finished the dex! And instead of showing you any more Fakemon of Emort, we'd like to show you their sillhouettes for many reasons. One, to let you use your imagination and Two, for it to be a surprise as to what they actually look like when you play Pokemon Helio Version.

emortsillhouette.png

Enjoy!

Awesome! :cer_boogie: :) It looks like one of the Pokemon after the Legendary Trio has a sun mask... Could the one right before it be its lunar counterpart??? :cer_shifty: Petritite looks cool with a simple design as well! The spider with a skull abdomen looks very intriguing as well...

I see potential Eeveelution silhouettes! ;)

The third-to-last silhouette reminds me of Metang...

I'm really anticipating what the last one looks like. I'm guessing a legendary...seems to remind me a bit of Arceus, though.

In any case, the Pokemon seem to look promising. Some of the sprites look different than actual Pokemon sprites, but I guess it establishes a unique feel for the game. Works well, though. Keep up the good work! :D

EDIT: Why weren't Marrosaur and the other serpentine Pokemon revealed in the Dex?

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
Years
This is one of the best pokemon fangames I have ever seen. Keep up the good work and please do not give up. I would really love to see the final product.

pokemonseablueversion

Pokemon Addict
Years
This project is so cool! From the video to the thread! Wow! I really love it! But, not to offense you, the Pokemon Choosing screen must be replaced. A Pokemon Game as brilliant as this needs a much original PokeChoosing screen. Rating : 4/5 stars! Keep it up!!!!

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone. Many of you know that school has started recently for many of us and everyone on the team has school to balance into their lives as well as Helio Version. We will try to get something up soon in the upcoming days, possibly sometime this week. Maybe a sprite update, or maybe a screenshot of something. We don't want too many spoilers before the demo comes out.

Speaking of the demo...

Progress is carrying along smoothly. We are currently smoothing things over for the beta testing stage. Again, I think Starrmyt has mentioned this, but if you'd like to beta test Helio Version, send him a PM soon. Not everyone will be able to, but a few will.

So, basically this is a post to show that we aren't dead. So stick with us! Thanks.

~Aquakip

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
WOW! The Fakemon, actually look real! You hardly ever see that in fangames! I think they just need a bit of shading, then they would look fantastic! Great work and I can't wait to see the final product!

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
The fakemon look great can't wait to see what they all look like

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
Nice Fakemon.Seriously.I've been waiting for a RockMan For YEARS.(Emort Pokedex #19 for the confused.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back