The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2011, 08:20 AM
HackHackHack
Alias RayFlame

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to HackHackHack

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
There's a secret tunnel hidden somewhere. It's very, very secret. And very, very tunnel.

No. Wait. Scratch that, it's just very secret.
Lemme guess...Madio Caves, I saw a dragon in a certain cave room blocked of by a rock cliff or something but I'm pretty sure that I'm 70% wrong!

(Long time no post, I was busy :D)
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Ruby_01.png‎ (7.1 KB, 58 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Scyther Slicer
The Beastest Bug Ever

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackHackHack View Post
Lemme guess...Madio Caves, I saw a dragon in a certain cave room blocked of by a rock cliff or something but I'm pretty sure that I'm 70% wrong!

(Long time no post, I was busy :D)
Nope. I know where it is b/c I just so happened to be on Fort Draco when I last updated. Also, Cutlerine told us that the path to Fort Draco is now open, which it obviously there, with the dragon blocked off and all. I don't know why that dragon is in there, but I can tell you for sure that the tunnel is not within Madio caves... try a different place, one where you need Flash.

And Cutlerine, I accidentally threw away my cologne. Is there any way to get another one?

Anyone want to explain to me why Esau was in a mirror, and then in a rock? Is he a spirit or something?

Last edited by Scyther Slicer; February 26th, 2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Adding info.
Old February 26th, 2011, 06:47 PM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
You should probably have saved.
I saved after encountering the glitch, and my entire game view was off center, and I didnt want to go through the game that way.
Old February 26th, 2011, 10:18 PM
DonMoosavi

Great! Looking forward to playing the latest beta, I havent played in a while... This game is quite awesome and I still feel as though its "under the radar", with no Hack nomination up until this point...
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyther Slicer View Post
Nope. I know where it is b/c I just so happened to be on Fort Draco when I last updated. Also, Cutlerine told us that the path to Fort Draco is now open, which it obviously there, with the dragon blocked off and all. I don't know why that dragon is in there, but I can tell you for sure that the tunnel is not within Madio caves... try a different place, one where you need Flash.

And Cutlerine, I accidentally threw away my cologne. Is there any way to get another one?

Anyone want to explain to me why Esau was in a mirror, and then in a rock? Is he a spirit or something?
Esau was in a mirror and a rock... for no reason at all.

Plus, there's no way to get another cologne. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
I saved after encountering the glitch, and my entire game view was off center, and I didnt want to go through the game that way.
The game screen resets when you enter a new map, so... that would probably have fixed it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoosavi View Post
Great! Looking forward to playing the latest beta, I havent played in a while... This game is quite awesome and I still feel as though its "under the radar", with no Hack nomination up until this point...
Snakewood was actually nominated for Hack of the Month at one point, and won Hack of the Week. You must have missed it.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old February 27th, 2011, 03:48 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Cutlerine, I am still stuck in Lilycove! I tried what you said that I have to surface up in the cave underwater near Lilycove and it's still doesn't work! Do I have to do an event that I missed? I already finished the battle with Senex and the call from Birch.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old February 27th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Guess whos back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerpow7 View Post
Cutlerine, I am still stuck in Lilycove! I tried what you said that I have to surface up in the cave underwater near Lilycove and it's still doesn't work! Do I have to do an event that I missed? I already finished the battle with Senex and the call from Birch.
Um....did you get dive from the deadly seven?
Old February 27th, 2011, 03:49 PM
mangosteen
Beginning Trainer

OK. I got to the point of wandering the madio caves and I got sent to Petalburg. After getting all the way back to Famine's desert I realized I had completely forgotten how to get back to the madio caves and spent about 3 hours just walking around aimlessly. This is the kind of thing I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night screaming the long-lost memory of how to do it.

Then the unspeakable happened.
For some unholy reason I decided, 'hey, maybe I'll snoop around the island of calm and maybe that will jog my memory...'

I'm stuck in the dungeon.

I keep going through the doors and getting put back in the cave and I've circled that horrible thing for another couple hours. What am I missing here?

It's probably painfully obvious and right in front of my face but I've overworked my brain and it's just driving me crazy. The worst part is that I can't just give up and forget about it. This is probably one of my favorites, I love the story and the feel, and if it wasn't so good I wouldn't care so much.

Anyone who can pull me out of this hole will be a complete saint

EDIT: made it out of island of calm, still have no idea how to get to fortree or madiocaves

EDIT again: ok so after literally hours of walking every square inch and talking to everyone in the world, I surfed in meteor falls and ended up on the submarine. Now I can't get off until I fix the elevator, which is already fixed. I tried going through the warp panel again but he keeps asking me.

Last edited by mangosteen; February 27th, 2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old February 28th, 2011, 04:04 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
Guess whos back?

Um....did you get dive from the deadly seven?
Tcoppy, Yes. I recieved Dive. I also caught Roclobster while trying to finding a new exit from Lilycove. Please help me!!!

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Murdoch_dawn
Beginning Trainer

i am in the hoenn university and i was just told to go to the basement and check out the camera, but none of the floors seem to lead to a basement... on leads to a dead end... is there a pokemon i need to start a script or what?
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoch_dawn View Post
i am in the hoenn university and i was just told to go to the basement and check out the camera, but none of the floors seem to lead to a basement... on leads to a dead end... is there a pokemon i need to start a script or what?
Okay, go to the far right of the main room in the uni which leads you to the directing/battleing rooms, there should be a staircase that leads you downstairs, simple as that
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangosteen View Post
OK. I got to the point of wandering the madio caves and I got sent to Petalburg. After getting all the way back to Famine's desert I realized I had completely forgotten how to get back to the madio caves and spent about 3 hours just walking around aimlessly. This is the kind of thing I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night screaming the long-lost memory of how to do it.

Then the unspeakable happened.
For some unholy reason I decided, 'hey, maybe I'll snoop around the island of calm and maybe that will jog my memory...'

I'm stuck in the dungeon.

I keep going through the doors and getting put back in the cave and I've circled that horrible thing for another couple hours. What am I missing here?

It's probably painfully obvious and right in front of my face but I've overworked my brain and it's just driving me crazy. The worst part is that I can't just give up and forget about it. This is probably one of my favorites, I love the story and the feel, and if it wasn't so good I wouldn't care so much.

Anyone who can pull me out of this hole will be a complete saint

EDIT: made it out of island of calm, still have no idea how to get to fortree or madiocaves

EDIT again: ok so after literally hours of walking every square inch and talking to everyone in the world, I surfed in meteor falls and ended up on the submarine. Now I can't get off until I fix the elevator, which is already fixed. I tried going through the warp panel again but he keeps asking me.
Culterine I thought you fixed the warp? Anyway...your in trouble, best you do-over the game....or, get a ditto and a pokemon with thundershock and do-over the submarine thing.
Quote:
Tcoppy, Yes. I recieved Dive. I also caught Roclobster while trying to finding a new exit from Lilycove. Please help me!!!
Hm.... um...go down te route where mosteep is use dive on that dive spot go through the underwater cave and voila.
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:54 PM
mangosteen
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Culterine I thought you fixed the warp? Anyway...your in trouble, best you do-over the game....or, get a ditto and a pokemon with thundershock and do-over the submarine thing.
Are you talking about starting over just to get off the submarine, because I saved before doing that and can revert, but if you are talking about starting over because I ended up in petalburg and can't back to foretree or anything else, then bummer.

I got so into it too, I don't want to start over.

Thanks for the reply, I was literally walking around hoenn for 8 hours yesterday, and I mean literally.
Old February 28th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangosteen View Post
Are you talking about starting over just to get off the submarine, because I saved before doing that and can revert, but if you are talking about starting over because I ended up in petalburg and can't back to foretree or anything else, then bummer.

I got so into it too, I don't want to start over.

Thanks for the reply, I was literally walking around hoenn for 8 hours yesterday, and I mean literally.
Yeah there was a messed up warp in madio caves leading to wallys house, but you could fix the elevator again but I never tried it..
Old February 28th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Cutlerine

Yo, I'm back!

Sorry for the long absence. I've been working on fixing some of these bugs that keep cropping up, and to cap it all off it seems like there's a new broken warp in the Madio Caves that I need to go and point somewhere. Sigh.

OK, I've got something of a bug fix ready - but where I am right now, I can't post it, and won't be able to until Saturday/Sunday. Hang in there, everybody who's experiencing extreme problems, and hopefully things will get better.

Oh, and mangosteen, if you've already gone through and fixed the elevator, you aren't supposed to be able to get in again. Thanks for bringing the fact that you can to my attention, so I can fix it.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old March 1st, 2011, 03:31 AM
Raaxon
Sephiroth never stood a chance

Location: Deepest reachs of somewhere. I'm lost. Can you help me?
I really wanna know where the cave to get back to Fort Draco is... I can only think of three places you need Flash - Madio Caves, Fossil Caves and Victory Road...
Old March 1st, 2011, 03:42 AM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Nature: Rash
I just found the secret cave leading to Fort Draco
By the way, I can't buy a Thundercub in Fortree's Pet Shop?

VDex:
White:
Old March 1st, 2011, 04:06 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Quote:
Okay, go to the far right of the main room in the uni which leads you to the directing/battleing rooms, there should be a staircase that leads you downstairs, simple as that

Hm.... um...go down te route where mosteep is use dive on that dive spot go through the underwater cave and voila.
What route? The route between Lilycove and Mossdeep (Or Fort Draco in this case) where it's blocked by rocks and the only way is the dive spot? I went there and entered the underwater cave and tried using dive again but it didn't work! :cer_frown: Please help me!!!!

gunnerpow7

Old March 1st, 2011, 08:13 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaxon View Post
I really wanna know where the cave to get back to Fort Draco is... I can only think of three places you need Flash - Madio Caves, Fossil Caves and Victory Road...
Well then, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Techneon View Post
I just found the secret cave leading to Fort Draco
By the way, I can't buy a Thundercub in Fortree's Pet Shop?
That's right. The Thunder Cub is a special gift from the good Count, for redeeming a Spark Token.

Quote:
What route? The route between Lilycove and Mossdeep (Or Fort Draco in this case) where it's blocked by rocks and the only way is the dive spot? I went there and entered the underwater cave and tried using dive again but it didn't work! :cer_frown: Please help me!!!!
It sounds to me like you don't have the latest version of Snakewood - this is a bug that I fixed in the last update. Are you sure you got the last update?

Old March 1st, 2011, 10:03 AM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Nature: Rash
Quote:

That's right. The Thunder Cub is a special gift from the good Count, for redeeming a Spark Token.

It sounds to me like you don't have the latest version of Snakewood - this is a bug that I fixed in the last update. Are you sure you got the last update?
And where do you get a Spark Token?

VDex:
White:
Old March 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Techneon View Post
And where do you get a Spark Token?
Spoiler:
Get the Mush Mask from the man in the Rustboro Pokémon Centre, then trade it for a Cologne with the mushroom researcher on Route 118, then trade the Cologne for a Spark Token in Dewford Hall.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 02:59 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Quote:

I believe so because you said it goes up to the end to the storyline but then again you said you fixed a bug there so I kinda know that you're gonna said that. Well, I'm gonna download the latest version again and restart again. I have to battle those Deadly seven again... UGHHHH!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then going to Madio Caves...Again!!!! And Island of Calm!!!!!!!!! IT's DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!! Well that's what happens when you want to play a game that it's stll not fixed with bugs, glitches and unfinished storyline...:cer_no::cer_cry: By the way, Cutlerine, what are the bugs fixed in the latest version.... If you don't mind.... I don't want to repeat this again just because of a bug.... Thanks Cutlerine!!!!

gunnerpow7

Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:12 AM
callumjames3

Can I have a quick hint on the location of the person you trade the Hajike bird too? Pretty please!!
I did have a quick search on the forum for any previous hints and couldn't find any, so sorry if I'm making someone repeat themself.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:06 PM
Scyther Slicer
The Beastest Bug Ever

Nature: Adamant
Callumjames3,

I'll give you hint, it WAS said earlier. You trade it to "the hajikelist". He looks like a hiker, and there aren't too many of those in this game, hope it helps! P.S. I'm met him, he's on a small island on one of the water routes, so don't even bother looking inland
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Cire
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Impish
This is a big thread, and I've searched through, and used the search function for multiple keywords, but I can't find anybody else having the problem of being unable to find their way through Famine's Desert to route 112. After beating the Aerodactyl, I'm supposed to go to the peak of a mountain, which is near route 112 (if I remember what I read correctly). But the only way to Route 112 I can see is over a reverse jumping ledge and a rock. I used the walk through walls cheat to look around, but I can't find any way to get through normally without strength, which I know isn't in-game, even looking from the other side. Any advice?
Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:48 PM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
The game screen resets when you enter a new map, so... that would probably have fixed it for you.
That's something I was unaware of, plus I didnt have Fly at that time. I had just gotten off the Sub for the second time, made my way down towards the Berry Master place where the Denjuu people are, and that's where the "Control another sprite and off center the game screen" glitch happened after hitting start.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here