The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:24 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoy View Post
Excellent, but two questions: when I'm editing the moves, the part that shows "physical, special, status" is always physical, even with the known special moves, like psychic or ice beam. It means that I have to change ALL moves to its respective attribute (to look like DPSS)? And what's that table value (0, 1 and 2)? Thanks.
It probably just means contact, or not contact.

Old February 11th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
No, the editor has support for the added Physical/Special Split, but unless you actually install the ASM to go with it, changing that byte will have no effect whatsoever on the actual gameplay.

The table values refer to a new concept I had to develop for the new moves. There is a table of effects for attacks, and each attacks uses an effect. There are of the order of 230 in the game as standard. However, when adding the new moves, we need more added effects, but it can only use a byte at most, so the highest would be 0xFF (255). So instead of changing the size of each entry in the table, I added the "table" value to dictate which effects table to read from.

Like above, changing it will have no effect on gameplay without the ASM I added.
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Xoy
Beginning Trainer

Hey, thanks Jambo. I`ve been editing the emerald rom, and adding the move split would be awesome. Also, I`m inserting some sprites from 4 and 5 gen with the unLZ, but sometimes the sprite of certain poke becomes all twisted... or it even doesnt show (for example, on florasky rom, some pokes only shows the backsprite, the 64x128 sprite does not appear on unLZ, but in game its all right, the poke is there!) Is it an error of unLZ? Again, thanks for the help. Vocês são feras, valeu!
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:02 AM
APR118
Shady Dude =)

Thanks for compiling almost all (if not all) rom hacking programs Just want to ask though, is there a text editor similar to AdvTxT? It's simpler for me than the other script editors which I think, is more complicated.:D
Old February 12th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lain Vesper View Post
It says.

"Service unavailable..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBringer41 View Post
I'm getting the unavailable message, too. I lost my original download, transferring my files over to my new netbook (old one kept failing on me). My backup has gone missing.
Not sure what you guys mean exactly... If you are referring to the download link it is functioning at this time so please try it again.

People always seem to remind me why I shouldn't even bother. No PGE release for the foreseeable future.
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:03 AM
dooxer
42 or not 42

SWEETNESS.
edit: but am confused as to why some options are grayed out, such as the starter changer. I have that program separately, but still.

also, what file type does this actually accept when adding programs? I have a folder full of tools that it cant recognize (except for unLZ)

Last edited by dooxer; February 14th, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:29 AM
ChaosBringer41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post

Not sure what you guys mean exactly... If you are referring to the download link it is functioning at this time so please try it again.
Nope, download link still don't work - I keep getting "HTTP 404 Not Found" when I click on the download link.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
Hey Gamer2020, great program. Just one problem. The auto updater is not compatible with 64-bit Windows. Thus I can't update the program even though it keeps telling me there is an update. Can/will you fix this problem?
Old March 1st, 2012, 11:51 AM
pokemondan11
Beginning Trainer

Does it all work on windows 7? cause i have had some problems with A-tack on my 64bit windows 7
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:22 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemondan11
Does it all work on windows 7? cause i have had some problems with A-tack on my 64bit windows 7
PGE definitely works on windows 7. Your problem must have to do with A-Tack itself. There are other attack editors, though, so you can try them.

For example, Attack Editor Pro:

Link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...ghlight=a-tack
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:24 AM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooxer View Post
SWEETNESS.
edit: but am confused as to why some options are grayed out, such as the starter changer. I have that program separately, but still.

also, what file type does this actually accept when adding programs? I have a folder full of tools that it cant recognize (except for unLZ)
It should use the .exe extension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBringer41 View Post
Nope, download link still don't work - I keep getting "HTTP 404 Not Found" when I click on the download link.
Download link still works...
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
Hey Gamer2020, great program. Just one problem. The auto updater is not compatible with 64-bit Windows. Thus I can't update the program even though it keeps telling me there is an update. Can/will you fix this problem?
It should work on 64-bit computers. When I first made it I was on a 64-bit computer. The problem must be something else possibly.

Quote:
PGE definitely works on windows 7. Your problem must have to do with A-Tack itself. There are other attack editors, though, so you can try them.

For example, Attack Editor Pro:

Link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...ghlight=a-tack
PGE has an attack editor.

People always seem to remind me why I shouldn't even bother. No PGE release for the foreseeable future.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
It should work on 64-bit computers. When I first made it I was on a 64-bit computer. The problem must be something else possibly.
I can back you up on this, man. I'm running on 64 bit Windows with no issues whatsoever.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51
I can back you up on this, man. I'm running on 64 bit Windows with no issues whatsoever.
Any idea what the problem might be then? The error message I get specifically says that the auto updater is incompatible with 64-bit...
Attached Images
File Type: png error.PNG‎ (57.2 KB, 28 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Any idea what the problem might be then? The error message I get specifically says that the auto updater is incompatible with 64-bit...
No clue... Like I said it does work with 64-bit so I'm not sure what the problem could be. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
jooster111
Beginning Trainer

can anyone please help me.
I'm not very smart in computers/hacking, but I'm already looking for like 3 hours on this site for a trainer editor for pokemon sapphire. i've changed to hole game in advanced map, I only want to put trainers in it.

does anyone have a working download link for me, and a youtube video to explain how it works, what is possible to understand for beginners.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooster111 View Post
can anyone please help me.
I'm not very smart in computers/hacking, but I'm already looking for like 3 hours on this site for a trainer editor for pokemon sapphire. i've changed to hole game in advanced map, I only want to put trainers in it.

does anyone have a working download link for me, and a youtube video to explain how it works, what is possible to understand for beginners.
Just download PGE. It will get A-trainer for you...

Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
jooster111
Beginning Trainer

okaaaay, but where can i find 'PGE', sorry for my unsmartness:$
Old March 3rd, 2012, 04:26 AM
jooster111
Beginning Trainer

I found A-trainer and i followed a video (I may not send urls bcs i didn't post 15 times).
everything he says works. accept in his advance map he can hit a box to say that its a trainer, in mine advance map it says:::: Trainer "$00"
i dont know what to type to make it an trainer
Old March 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
However good this tool may be, please use a less obnoxious file hosting site in the future. Something that doesn't take ten hours for me to download. :|
Old March 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooster111 View Post
okaaaay, but where can i find 'PGE', sorry for my unsmartness:$
This IS PGE, lol.
Pokémon Game Editor.
You can get it on the first post.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
However good this tool may be, please use a less obnoxious file hosting site in the future. Something that doesn't take ten hours for me to download.
People before demanded that I use a file sharing site so I did. Stop complaining.

Old March 10th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Eelektross
Unhatched Egg

Wow, this is amazing~
Recently, my game decided some certain Pokémon would stop registering in YAPE.
I don't know why this happened (I've been repointing properly :E), but I'd just like to say that the internal editor saved my life!
Thankyou for this amazing tool!
EDIT: A-Ptch and Shinyzer can't install from the main menu :E Also, is there anything done to Item Editor to make it more stable, and is the move editor you supply and more useful than the regular Move Editor (just in case, because of the USE AT OWN RISK!!! message )
Sorry for the questions D:

Last edited by Eelektross; March 10th, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old April 20th, 2012, 09:09 PM
PowerSpartanl99
Pokemon Hacker

Nature: Docile
Is there any way you can add Mac support? Wine is not working with it.
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:21 PM
CliveKoopa

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
When I try to load certain programs, I get an error message saying "You do not have the program installed in the same folder. Download and install it?" I click Yes, which then gives me another message saying "There was a problem installing the program...".

How do I fix this?
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:03 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
When I try to load certain programs, I get an error message saying "You do not have the program installed in the same folder. Download and install it?" I click Yes, which then gives me another ssage saying "There was a problem installing the program...".

How do I fix this?
Just add a copy of the file to the folder. This is more of an organizational tool than anything else.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here