• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Need help with Evolution and Temporary Sprite Change.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hello, I need help with hacking FireRed.

I want to know how to hack Pokemon Evolution. I know there are some programs that allows you to do it, but they are limited to what already existed in the game. I want to create different type of evolution, e.g.

- Mutation
- Fusion
- Location Evolution

Furthermore, is there a way to create more evolution items? I want to evolve pokemon like Poliwhirl to politoad by just giving it a King's rock, but it doesn't work. Thank you.

My next question is, are there a way to temporarily change the sprite of the main protagonist? In my game, I want the main character to dress up as team rocket, but I got no idea how I can do it. Thank you.

If someone can send me a link to a guide would be much appreciated.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I can give you a link but you wouldn't be happy where it goes (hacking section) since this is game development... I can't say too many people will help you

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
use jpan's hacked engine it does the sprite change. You also need ASM knowledge to hack evolutions.

Huy567

The Shadow Feather
Years
uhm GoGoJJTech I don't know what you mean by Jpan's engine having sprite change. I visited JPAN's thread on his hacked engine and I didn't see any mention of a sprite change. Could you explain a little? XD

Years
uhm GoGoJJTech I don't know what you mean by Jpan's engine having sprite change. I visited JPAN's thread on his hacked engine and I didn't see any mention of a sprite change. Could you explain a little? XD

In Jpan's Hacked engine, you can change the value of a var to fit the sprite you want
Ex:
(This is a random var, it's obviously not the one)
setvar 4000 0x12
This would change the hero's sprite to sprite n. 12
setvar 4001 0x13
This would change the bycicle sprite to sprite n. 13
---
I'm also positive there is a Ruby hacked rom (I dont know the creator, I just know his avatar is a Quilava), where you can also change the hero's sprite
Needless to say, if you want to change the sprite back you just reset the var's value to 0

Huy567

The Shadow Feather
Years
In Jpan's Hacked engine, you can change the value of a var to fit the sprite you want
Ex:
(This is a random var, it's obviously not the one)
setvar 4000 0x12
This would change the hero's sprite to sprite n. 12
setvar 4001 0x13
This would change the bycicle sprite to sprite n. 13
---
I'm also positive there is a Ruby hacked rom (I dont know the creator, I just know his avatar is a Quilava), where you can also change the hero's sprite
Needless to say, if you want to change the sprite back you just reset the var's value to 0

Ohh thanks I thought he was talking about pokemon sprite changes(like formes) and got excited for a second. this makes it clearer.

Years
Ohh thanks I thought he was talking about pokemon sprite changes(like formes) and got excited for a second. this makes it clearer.

Well, there is a guy that managed that, he showed a video right here on PokéCommunity showcasing Mega Evolution
Pretty cool, even has that sprite change and all
However, he did not share his findings with the public. I'm not sure if the Pokemon change is part of his findings, but I dont think so, Im actually pretty sure someone (maybe it was GoGoJJTech) managed to change the Arceus sprite with a certain plate and also Giratina's form

Huy567

The Shadow Feather
Years
Well, there is a guy that managed that, he showed a video right here on PokéCommunity showcasing Mega Evolution
Pretty cool, even has that sprite change and all
However, he did not share his findings with the public. I'm not sure if the Pokemon change is part of his findings, but I dont think so, Im actually pretty sure someone (maybe it was GoGoJJTech) managed to change the Arceus sprite with a certain plate and also Giratina's form

Yes this is exactly the news I needed. Now it feels as if forme changes arent impossible! looks like I got to find this information though..

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
Yes this is exactly the news I needed. Now it feels as if forme changes arent impossible! looks like I got to find this information though..

Forme changes are definitely possible (even without jpan's engine), there just hasn't been much research done into it that I'm aware of.

Castform can change both type and sprite based on a weather check. If we better understood the underlying routines there it shouldn't be hard to change a weather check into an item check (for plates or mega stones). The in-battle level up routine supports both adding and subtracting stats, so that may be useful for mega evolutions' stat changes.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years

Nope! Not impossible and with alittle research you will be well on your way and as far as costume changes I have saw it done before (see Pokemon AshGray for reference) not entirely sure how you go about it though

Huy567

The Shadow Feather
Years
Forme changes are definitely possible (even without jpan's engine), there just hasn't been much research done into it that I'm aware of.

Castform can change both type and sprite based on a weather check. If we better understood the underlying routines there it shouldn't be hard to change a weather check into an item check (for plates or mega stones). The in-battle level up routine supports both adding and subtracting stats, so that may be useful for mega evolutions' stat changes.

Well that certainly helps and all, but has anyone actually found out the routine or each ability? Like where it's stored and how we can analyze it.

Back