• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

PokéCommunity Live - Chatroom Help

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I hate to have to resort to an autismal spergout about something like this, but considering this is PC, I don't think anyone will notice.

#thepokecommunity sucks. It's run by fools who think that after ignoring the channel for months at a time that they can just "reboot it" without any consideration for users that have never left it.

This isn't even their first time attempting to reboot the channel (a channel the administration here has never really liked anyway), and time and time again they have failed. Perhaps it's because they attempt to artificially create a channel "community" by jamming a bunch of users in at once who only have either their love for Pokemon and/or butts in common.

I've decided to remove #thepokecommunity off my auto-join list, which is a shame, because there are many great memories on that channel, and I've met a lot of great people. If this latest reboot attempt succeeds then great, but I'm sure in the end all they'll be left with is a slower channel than before. Prove me wrong though, lol.

Gossip.png

Rukario

Banned
Years
I hate to have to resort to an autismal spergout about something like this, but considering this is PC, I don't think anyone will notice.

#thepokecommunity sucks. It's run by fools who think that after ignoring the channel for months at a time that they can just "reboot it" without any consideration for users that have never left it.

This isn't even their first time attempting to reboot the channel (a channel the administration here has never really liked anyway), and time and time again they have failed. Perhaps it's because they attempt to artificially create a channel "community" by jamming a bunch of users in at once who only have either their love for Pokemon and/or butts in common.

I've decided to remove #thepokecommunity off my auto-join list, which is a shame, because there are many great memories on that channel, and I've met a lot of great people. If this latest reboot attempt succeeds then great, but I'm sure in the end all they'll be left with is a slower channel than before. Prove me wrong though, lol.

Gossip.png
I can understand your feelings and there was some missteps made on this reboot, but so far (yes I know it hasn't been very long) its doing a pretty good job of being a proper chat channel, with good to decent activity.

I think you might have jumped ship a bit too soon and instead should have mentioned something in regards to your longtime user status.. (it needs a rethink IMO)

If you must leave, I know I will miss you and am saddened :( by your lack of presence and hope you return.

Ash Ketchum 11

It doesn't work for iPad users? I joined it five times and all that comes up is a grey screen.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hey guys,

I've been having quit a bit of trouble joining; I haven't been able to connect over the past day or so. I'm just wondering if something is up or if it's me?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I'm having trouble as well, as when I'm joining on the laptop, I join but it's stuck at Joining Channel, and when I refresh, the nickname gets taken.

On the iPad tho, it keeps getting laggy but I can join. < Most probs its the iPad and not the channel.

Years
I've been running a client (mIRC/ZNC bouncer) and have this issue as well.. it appears that there's some sort of glitch with the server, because yesterday from my client, I was unable to use my username, and I couldn't ghost it because it "didn't exist," despite the server telling me "the nickname was already in use." So the only thing I can think of now is to just temporarily change your nick to something else, and then change it to the desired nick you wish to use. That worked for me.

Lenin_

"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. I
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 19, 2016
Whats with the IRC?

Been trying to connect to it for a while now..Been using multiple clients.
Is someone else having this problem too?

Back