• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 12 Event Volunteering

Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
GT12 Event Volunteering
Come one, come all... the 12th PokeCommunity Get-Together starts July 6th - the events are to be decided by YOU!

Foreword

The summer (for the northern hemisphere) and the winter (for the rest of the world - who really ever knows what season they're in?) is quickly approaching, and you know what that means: PokeCommunity's yearly Get-Together! If you're out of the loop, the Get-Together is a time in which the entire community comes together to participate in loads of fun, interactive activities hosted by the community's members, for the community's members. Everything is independently run, but for the Get-Together to be successful, we need a whole slew of people operating the activities so that everything runs efficiently - this is where you all come in.

Volunteering

Once again, this year we'd like for anyone interested in hosting an activity for the Get-Together to post up their suggestion and specify their interest in volunteering. For the purposes of this year's Get-Together, it is preferred that any and all activities have some sort of judgement involved, or some stage in which a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner are chosen. This is because this year's theme involves... well, let's just say that everyone's going to want to Go for the Gold, and as many activities as possible should have medals up for grabs. :]

If you're interested in suggesting an activity and volunteering to host, please use the form below and post it in this thread -

Name of Activity (give your activity a creative name to spice things up):
Description of Activity (give us some insight as to how people can participate, what it will be like in practice, and whether or not there will be judges + winners, or if it's simply participation-based):
Other Judges Involved (IF your activity involves judging, please specify other users interested in helping you as a judge/host):

The below are ideas previously suggested by staff that are NOT approved at this time, but presented here to remove the likeliness of duplicates.
Spoiler:

Remember that just because you post here doesn't mean that your idea is approved - we have an approval committee formed that will be breaking down each activity and deciding whether or not to include it in the Get-Together. If an activity is approved, both the host and co-judges will be notified as soon as we get the planning forum set up.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
listen I have no idea what's happening with this d&d/round table event you have listed but as the One True Regular of the section I'm putting my ass in the air and saying I am available for any help or consultation you may need
and if an event needs to be run well my ass is available for that too

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Name of Activity : PC's Minecraft Ultra Hardcore V
Description of Activity : Members will get together for an all out war with one another. Following the success of previous UHCs, this one will pit Minecraft players against one another in a Last Man (or Team) Standing event to see who stands above the rest for glory. Following the requested note, there will be a first, second, and third place standing for our top three contenders (or teams). As a special treat, this UHC will be livestreamed on PC's official Twitch channel with possible commentary by members and staff!

:) There will be another Minecraft event coming up and likely a few more gaming-related ones, but hey.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Name of Activity: PokeCommunity QuizMasters: 12 Steps to Victory
Description of Activity: Like all of the ones I've hosted in the past two years, this would be a Trivia Contest, to see if the general populace of PC knows things from Science and Arts, to History and Current Events, to Geography, Entertainment, Pokemon, and PokeCommunity! However this time, we will be kicking things up a notch!
Other Hosts Involved: I can manage this on my own, however if anyone wants to really help, send me a PM first ;)

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Name of Activity : Bug Catching Contest REDUX
Description of Activity :A redesigned recreation of the Bug Catching contest to be played on the new Gen 6 games! Scoring is based on almost any feature your Pokemon can have, and runs on a fixed system, so no extra judges are needed.

Name of Activity : GT12 Pokemon Challenge
Description of Activity : A week long, post game Pokemon challenge where players will have to build a team and defeat the Elite 4 and Champion. The team will consist of Pokemon Members who represent this year's GT. This one is primarily a participation event and not a competitive one. However there could be a 1st 2nd and 3rd just based on who beats the challenge first.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
RPO is approved, our subforum is ready and hosts are decided ;). It'll be held as a run-along activity, rather than being hosted in the main GT forum.

Name of Activity: The Roleplay Olympics
Description of Activity: A multitude of writing tasks are making their return this summer! Take part in whatever takes your fancy for a chance to win some medals :).
Other Judges Hosts Involved: The RPO Development Crew~

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Name of Activity: iSketch Get Together
Description of Activity: We'll use the program iSketch to play a variety of iSketch games that relates to pokemon (or anything else of interest!)

We've had iSketch for multiple years, and I've ran its course for a good while, so, it'll be good for it to make a return? (:

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
I'd be willing to help run / facilitate / Whatever the movie streams & radio nights if anyone needs any help. will try to think of something original I can throw into the ring, too, but no promises. (;

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Name of Activity: League of Legends EUW member tournament
Description of activity: Players who play League of Legends in EUW will sign up for a tournament against one another to determine who will win the bragging rights to being the best player on PC in Europe! It'll be Swiss, so that people don't get kicked out at the start. And a new round each day, and on the last day the points will be accumulated to determine the winner. Who doesn't love a bit of aggressive 1v1 competition eh? I'm looking into how it could be themed appropriately, but that might not be guaranteed.
Other Judge(s) Involved: None yet, but for this and the NA tournament I'd appreciate any help in judging offered! It would make things a lot faster and smoother!
EDIT: If there isn't an NA version too then:

Name of Activity: League of Legends NA member tournament
Description of activity: Players who play League of Legends in NA will sign up for a tournament against one another... Same as above just for NA really.
Other Judge(s) Involved: As above!

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Name of Activity: GT12 Pokémon Battling Tournament
Description of Activity: It's your bread and butter Pokémon battling tournament! Battle other players and prove that you are worthy of the title Pokémon Battling Champion!

Name of Activity: Cards Against __________!
Description of Activity: Prove that you are the funniest (or dirtiest, whichever one is most relevant) person in all of PokéCommunity by playing the thrilling card game, Cards Against Humanity!

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Name of Activity: GT12 Pokémon Battling Tournament
Description of Activity: It's your bread and butter Pokémon battling tournament! Battle other players and prove that you are worthy of the title Pokémon Battling Champion!

Description of Activity: Prove that you are the funniest (or dirtiest, whichever one is most relevant) person in all of PokéCommunity by playing the thrilling card game, Cards Against Humanity!

I will gladly help with anything involving the battling tournament as always!

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
So I've both seen and tried participating in this type of activity in years past, and I wanted to be involved in it this year.

Name of Activity: ROM Speed-Hacking Competition (or something like that)
Description of Activity: Basically, this is a small ROM hacking competition where the competitors will be given about two weeks (or the length of the get-together, whichever) to throw together a ROM hack either alone or in small groups. The winner will be the user/team that not only turns their hack in on time but is judged as the "best," a score which will be the sum of a few categories such as "story," "graphics," "potential," etc.
Other Judges Involved: None yet, because I posted this as soon as I saw the thread, but I would definitely appreciate anyone that is interested in being a judge to volunteer, given they demonstrate a certain level of experience and objectivity. It would make the judging fairer overall.

Also, a thought I had was that the competition does not have to just be a ROM hack, and could be open to regular game development also, which could bring in more participants. It doesn't even have to be a Pokemon game!

Other Ideas: Apart from that, I feel there are lots of other challenges in the ROM hacking/game development area that could also be had, including things like mapping competitions, scripting competitions, etc.

Just hoping to get these ideas out there. :)

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I'd be up for another Egg Swap. Not sure if I can get my two co-hosts back though, it's been like 2 years :P I'll need the CSS code from the previous thread.

Name of Activity: The Great Egg Swap VIII
Description of Activity: Breed an egg - the more creative, the better - swap it with someone else for points. What Pokémon will you get?

I'm also interested in streaming the first 3 Pokémon movies. Haven't had a good movie night in ages.

Name of Activity: Pokémon Movie Night
Description of Activity: Bring pizza and popcorn - relive the first three classic Pokémon live-streamed cozied up with other Pokéfans.

I was thinking either two or three streams per day depending on my time schedule. One for the US, one for Europe and one for Oceana - that should mean that wherever you are in the world you will be able to make at least one.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Name of Activity: Untitled Minecraft Week-long Building Event (better name pending)

Description of Activity: We have a couple different approaches to how we want this event to be, but it is going to be a building competition hosted on the official PC MC server. There is going to be criteria for judging and all of the builds are going to follow some type of theme. It's still a work in progress but it's going to be similar to last year's MC event

in-game prizes will be awarded to the winners, with a first place, second place, and third place tiered award system. We'll probably give something to all participants too.

And we'll also have the casual building and gameplay that happened last year.

Other Judges Involved: Klippy and no (maybe one more if someone wants to help)

Years
Name of Activity: Untitled Minecraft Week-long Building Event (better name pending)

Description of Activity: We have a couple different approaches to how we want this event to be, but it is going to be a building competition hosted on the official PC MC server. There is going to be criteria for judging and all of the builds are going to follow some type of theme. It's still a work in progress but it's going to be similar to last year's MC event

in-game prizes will be awarded to the winners, with a first place, second place, and third place tiered award system. We'll probably give something to all participants too.

And we'll also have the casual building and gameplay that happened last year.

Other Judges Involved: Klippy and no (maybe one more if someone wants to help)

o/
I am more than willing to help!

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Name of Activity: Prettiest Profile Contest
Description of Activity: The Prettiest Profile Contest is a regular Get-Together event that has quite a bit of history. Over the course of the event, participants squeeze their creative juices and try to express themselves in the race to design the perfect profile page. At the end, they'll be ranked by popular vote, and six members will be crowned winners! We have a very special theme for this year!
Other Judges Involved: Ash

Years
Name of Activity: Pokémon Anime Snapshots Contest
Description of Activity: A tradition I've hosted just about every GT since 2012. :D Simply put, this is an event where a participant goes and locates (or takes) a snapshot from a certain scene of the Pokémon anime revolving around a theme chosen by the judge(s).
Other Judges Involved: Pending atm, will update in a bit. :]

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Name of Activity: Animal Crossing New Leaf: Summer Design Contest!
Description of Activity: Show us your artistic prowess by designing a shirt, dress, hat or otherwise in Animal Crossing: New Leaf! The theme will be summer, and designs are to be submitted in QR code format. Winners will be decided by popular vote.
Other Judges Involved: None yet, but I don't think that'll be necessary per se?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years

I'd love to help with Cards Against _____!

Name of Activity: Animal Crossing New Leaf: Summer Design Contest!
Description of Activity: Show us your artistic prowess by designing a shirt, dress, hat or otherwise in Animal Crossing: New Leaf! The theme will be summer, and designs are to be submitted in QR code format. Winners will be decided by popular vote.
Other Judges Involved: None yet, but I don't think that'll be necessary per se?

That may be true, but let me know if you'd like one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back