• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Any friendship happiness exploits?

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    In gen 1 even though artificial since those stats didn't exist back in the original gen. You could give Pikachu a potion over and over again to max out it's affection. There is nothing like that in gold silver crystal or did I miss an exploit?

Years
  • That's essentially just a feature, rather than an exploit. The game (Yellow) is coded to work that way.

Little methods of increasing friendship would be:
    - Catching the Pokemon in a Friend Ball.
    - Getting them groomed in the Goldenrod underground.
    - Using items during battle/battling/walking around to increase their friendship. (If you do this on the route they were met, there is a slight boost to the effects, but this may only apply to Crystal).

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh, so it's just the in game mechanics, I got to deal with. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a glitched way to increase togepi or chansey's happiness levels for them to evolve and both have terrible battling stats which leads me to go to high level route and switching to a more powerful Pokemon to level them up and hopefully they evolve in the next battle. I know it takes long, but cycling back and forth in canalave city and checking the friendship tracker on the pokewatch was the method I used in diamond on ds. I'm trying something similar with goldenrod, but asking the friendship checker npc near the bike shop.

Back