• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you planning ahead already for D/P?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Have you caught yourself planning ahead for the new games, since they are backwards compatible?

I have. I recently snagged a female Mantine on Colosseum, and the first thing I said was "ok, that means I can get the baby form easier when D/P comes along."

Anyone else doing this as well?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Yeah, I'm collecting all the Pokemon together so that I can transfer all 386 over to D/P in one fell swoop. AND I'm trying to get another DS so I can trade between the two.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Actually, I have. Mainly things that have to do with money (meaning, that I'm saving money so I'll be able to get a DS, Pokémon Diamond or Pearl and the equipment needed to play Pokémon D/P online, plus other games I want, but only if I can afford them) and Pokémon (mainly breeding, getting the right egg moves for the Pokémon I might want to use in the D/P games and such...)

weirdo1

Like I care...
    Years
    Im just sending all my pokes to diamond ( I dont want pearl.)

And i can finally get traded pokes (i only have a DS and GBA

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Well, I gots me Lvl 100 Lati's, else from that, im starting fresh. I wonder how they'll do this. Wireless adapter? DS-to-DS?
    Cause last time I checked I couldn't trade Sapphire to Sapphire using DS's wirelessly, and theres no cable plug in it so Im just crossing my fingers that theyll find a way

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    i didnt plan on transferring any pokemon but i have been saving up money since it more then likely want come out before christmas, and diamond and pearl are the only reasons that im getting a DS it would have been so much better to just get them all for a present then saving over 200 dollars

Gigerm

I GOT THE SPIRITOMB IN ME!
    Years
    i cant plan ahead all i got is leaf green now since i thot i had a friend who i could trust to hold my emerald and saffire he stole them and then let someone keep them after he took all my pokemon soo i starting form new now

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    I had the two games in mind while I was raising my team on XD's Mt. Battle.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    I'm saving to buy a DS Lite. I don't actually HAVE a DS, I just play my sister's, but she got the screen wet and it's gone all blobby. Soooo... once the DS Lite comes out I'll snap it up. I might even import it, if Pearl comes out before the DS Lite.
    But I'm not doing any ingaem preparation. That takes out the challenge!

Years
    Almost collected all 386 Pokemon on Pokemon Box for GameCube. (I mean having all forms of every Pokemon). I miss about 20-30 more. I plan to get on DP everything that is not available to find there (since I plan to complete the Shinou Pokedex itself with all Pokemon that exist in DP with trades from my friends and classic stuff, when I finish the Shinou Pokedex I'll start using Pokemon Box). Also I have made countless Snorlax eggs :P I may trade some in my Diamond/Pearl so that I'll get a Munchlax without breeding Snorlax then. :p
    But well actually, I would call them properations as I agree with Charon-chan, that takes the challenge a bit out. Actually I had been collecting the Pokemon for fun and remembered I could use them for diamond xD

Back