• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] Are You Reading Pokémon Adventures/Special?

Years
  • I just recently picked it back up since hearing B2/W2 started back up and this series always reminds me why I love it. I've been working thorough some video content but always dig more conversation. Anyone else currently reading it, or have you ever read it at all?

Years
  • I binged through the entire 1st Kanto arc, skipped Johto for some reason, then binged through the entire 1st Hoenn arc again before dropping it. I had plans to read through Sinnoh and Unova a few years ago but I only did the first few pages before I got busy with other stuff and lost interest.

Just wanna say that I love how gruesome it tends to get. Seeing Arbok cut in half did something to me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yeah, I've read all the arcs except Sword/Shield thus far. Pokemon Adventures is pretty good, and I've enjoyed it or far more than a decade now.

Years
  • I have plans to at least go through the entirety of BW - Unova is too good to say no to. The original Kanto saga is the one I went through fully and it was suuuper good! Looking forward to more, and someone really just needs to force me to finish Johto tbh. D:

Years
  • I binged through the entire 1st Kanto arc, skipped Johto for some reason, then binged through the entire 1st Hoenn arc again before dropping it. I had plans to read through Sinnoh and Unova a few years ago but I only did the first few pages before I got busy with other stuff and lost interest.

Just wanna say that I love how gruesome it tends to get. Seeing Arbok cut in half did something to me.

Yeah haha that Arbok always seems to leave an impact on people who read it. The X/Y arc brings that same energy, especially around the Team Flare stuff.

Yeah, I've read all the arcs except Sword/Shield thus far. Pokemon Adventures is pretty good, and I've enjoyed it or far more than a decade now.

Oh that's impressive, I'm just about to get to Sun/Moon. Do you have a favorite dex holder at this point?

I have plans to at least go through the entirety of BW - Unova is too good to say no to. The original Kanto saga is the one I went through fully and it was suuuper good! Looking forward to more, and someone really just needs to force me to finish Johto tbh. D:

Oh that Johto arc is some of the last material from the original artist so that's always a great reason to dive in and appreciate it! It's great to hear you're starting Unova, I'm just a few chapters from wrapping it all up myself.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yeah haha that Arbok always seems to leave an impact on people who read it. The X/Y arc brings that same energy, especially around the Team Flare stuff.

Oh that's impressive, I'm just about to get to Sun/Moon. Do you have a favorite dex holder at this point?

Oh that Johto arc is some of the last material from the original artist so that's always a great reason to dive in and appreciate it! It's great to hear you're starting Unova, I'm just a few chapters from wrapping it all up myself.

Yeah, Crystal is my favorite Dex Holder. I also liked Yellow's story. A shame she's barely in the manga after the Gold/Silver/Crystal arc, though.

Years
  • Just took a look at Crystal and..

Are You Reading Pokémon Adventures/Special?

Is this basically Kris in Lyra's outfit? I didn't realize how cute she'd look in it ;_;

Years
  • Yeah, Crystal is my favorite Dex Holder. I also liked Yellow's story. A shame she's barely in the manga after the Gold/Silver/Crystal arc, though.

The way she would catch Pokémon was always really rad, and I agree 100% with Yellow's role needing to expand. I think she was in the Emerald arc, but so was every other dex holder to that point so it's not saying much. I don't even remember her in FR/LG tbh...

Just took a look at Crystal and..

Are You Reading Pokémon Adventures/Special?

Is this basically Kris in Lyra's outfit? I didn't realize how cute she'd look in it ;_;

Yesss! She puts that on in HG/SS and keeps her og outfit during the original G/S/C arc.

Back