• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] [pokeemerald] What would it be needed to add a 3rd STAB type to most pokemon?(idk how to flair a post now)

Torterra18

Base PP Gifter
    Days
    Hello, basically I'm asking what stuff should I have to do if I want to add another STAB type to a pokemon, what steps should I have to follow to achieve that? I'm not asking you to do the coding for me, I'm asking you if you could tell me what stuff should I do to make that possible

And pretty pls pls tell me how to flair threads now

Torterra18

Base PP Gifter
    Days
    Elaborating on this Third STAB type mechanic, it wouldn't affect the pokemon's defensive properties, but it would grant another STAB type to it, I'm currently debating if the damage bonus should be x1.5 or x1.3, anyways, abilities like Protean and Libero would take it into account while changing the type BUT it can't be changed by those abilities, and it would be like a property in a pokemon's info on base_stats.h, shown as:
    Code:
    .typeEx == [insert type name here]_TYPE,
    That's all the details I have in mind now...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Elaborating on this Third STAB type mechanic, it wouldn't affect the pokemon's defensive properties, but it would grant another STAB type to it, I'm currently debating if the damage bonus should be x1.5 or x1.3, anyways, abilities like Protean and Libero would take it into account while changing the type BUT it can't be changed by those abilities, and it would be like a property in a pokemon's info on base_stats.h, shown as:
    Code:
    .typeEx == [insert type name here]_TYPE,
    That's all the details I have in mind now...
    The base_stats.h file contains an array of a struct, find where the struct is defined and you can add your typeEx field to it.
    Find where in the code STAB is applied, for example by searching for "stab" in the repo. Then add a new condition to it that applies it based on the typeEx value.

Torterra18

Base PP Gifter
    Days
    The base_stats.h file contains an array of a struct, find where the struct is defined and you can add your typeEx field to it.
    Find where in the code STAB is applied, for example by searching for "stab" in the repo. Then add a new condition to it that applies it based on the typeEx value.
    Ok, but any other details UI related? like, how to add it to the enhanced pokedex or summary screen?

Back