• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] BDSP’s lighting is stupid

Years
    I really want to vent here. I recently started a nuzlocke, chose my starter, and started the starly battle. However, because of time travel shenanigans my switch was in dawn time. Do you know what dawn and evening do to starlys? THEY MAKE EVERY SINGLE ONE LOOK LIKE A STUPID SHINY! I WAS BARELY PAYING ATTENTION BECAUSE IT WAS THE FIRST BATTLE, LOOKED UP, AND WAS MORTIFIED. A SHINY STARLY, THAT I COULDNT CATCH, ON THE VERGE OF DEATH. It was only later when encountering another starly that I realized it wasn't a shiny at all. The lighting is evil I tell you.

Years
    Everything about BDSP graphics wise is stupid. It's really dumb how bad the graphics are because Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise ever and yet they can't afford good graphics. Fortunately the game is fun and Sinnoh is my favorite region so for me at least it doesn't detract from the experience.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    would help a lot if they made literally every shiny visually distinct from the non-shiny version instead of having some shinies look barely different

Back