• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Being scammed by game during Nuzlocke

Years
    I just wanted to share story that just happened to me.
    I happily started Nuzlocke in FireRed and went to route 22 to catch my first pokemon.
    Proud of myself i got mankey and after healing him i decided to exp him a little.
    AND PLOTTWIST!
    FIRST POKEMON I FOUND WAS GOLDEN SHINY RATTATA (its little personal to me because i always tried to catch it as a child and wasted tousands of hours)
    But yeah Nuzlocke rules, he had to die.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I more or less know that Nuzlocke rules don't let you catch any Pokemon other than the very first one that you encounter on each route or whatever, but couldn't you have caught it and immediately boxed it so you could finally get that shiny Rattata? Would it really be a violation in that case?

Years
    There is a clause called Shiny clause in Nuzlocke that many people use, which states that if you find shiny Pokémon and it's not your 1st encounter of the area, you can catch it and use it.

Years
    • Seen today
    You could have caught it, store it on a different box and don't touch it until the challenge ended, in case you wanted to train or trade it to another game after finishing the Nuzlocke. No need to take the Nuzlocke rules so dramatically. In fact, plenty of Nuzlockers bend the basic rules one way or another.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    I just wanted to share story that just happened to me.
    I happily started Nuzlocke in FireRed and went to route 22 to catch my first pokemon.
    Proud of myself i got mankey and after healing him i decided to exp him a little.
    AND PLOTTWIST!
    FIRST POKEMON I FOUND WAS GOLDEN SHINY RATTATA (its little personal to me because i always tried to catch it as a child and wasted tousands of hours)
    But yeah Nuzlocke rules, he had to die.

It didn't have to die. I don't Nuzlocke, having no control over what I can capture/use is not for me but I have watched enough on Youtube to know that the rules allow exceptions for shinies since the odds of shinies as first encounters are next to nil. It's fortunate this was just a ratatta.

Last edited:
    Back