• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best type combination

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
    I find dark/poison to be the type combination that I like best, and it is a type that covers its weaknesses too. Fortunately, a pokemon with such type exists. Unfortunately, there should be a pokemon like that with the Levitate ability :)

Years
    I agree with those who mentioned Steel/Fairy, while its only weaknesses are rather common attacking types (Ground and Fire) it still has loads of resistances and two immunities (Dragon and Poison). Other notable ones include Water/Ground (only weak to Grass, and most of this combination's members tend to be bulky as well), Ghost/Dark (it may now be weak to Fairy, but it's still got minimal weaknesses due to the scarcity in numbers of Fairy Pokemon), Fire/Dragon (good offensive coverage, and only resisted by a select few type combinations), and Steel/Ghost (again has good neutral offensive coverage, and has a fair share of resistances and immunities as well).

As for type combinations that haven't existed yet, some really impressive ones would be Ghost/Fairy (again this combination has good neutral offensive coverage, plus has three immunities and only two weaknesses) and also Normal/Ghost (three immunities and is only weak to Dark). Definitely want those pulled off in future generations.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    i personally love water/electric and water/ground types
    steel/fairy is also a good choice

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2014
    Aegislash's Steel/Ghost type was a killer , The only weaknesses were Fire and Ground. And nothing for neutral damage except for Water, Electric, Dark. Everything else is not super effective

Years
    Always thought Water/Electric was a cool combination, and Lanturn is one of my favorite Pokemon, coincidentally. :] Aside from that, the new Fairy type has made for some really intriguing type combos - I wonder if we'll ever get to see Fairy/Dark, or Fairy/Ghost; possibly even Fairy/Dragon? Those would all be cool to see in later generations, I think. Out of the ones that exist, Grass/Fairy is adorable, and not just because I'm biased towards Whimsicott! <3

Back