• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Buying REAL soulsilver

Days
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Hi guys im new here im from israel and im playing pokemon since i was a kid.

I want to buy soulsilver but im dont want to pay a lot it is has really gone expensive,but i am also afreid to buy a fake one . Please help me to buy original one . thenks

Days
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Hi guys im new here im from israel and im playing pokemon since i was a kid.

I want to buy soulsilver but im dont want to pay a lot it is has really gone expensive,but i am also afreid to buy a fake one . Please help me to buy original one . thenks

Help please?anyone?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • The best advice I can give you is to check second hand stores and 'antique' shops in the hope of getting lucky. I managed to find a copy of Pokemon Diamond in a place like that for $20 just the other day, so it's not impossible.

Years
  • The main tip I can give you to avoid fakes is to pay close attention to the color of the cartridge. HGSS had an included pedometer that communicated with the game via IR; and so the cart had to be black rather then the grey of other DS games to allow the signal to pass through (technically it's a dark purple but it looks black). If it doesn't have that black coloring and is the same shade as other DS games; it's a fake. Other signs include having ridges on the cart (real games are always square), off-center stickers and having a too good to be true price. As for it being expensive... well there's not much I can do for you regarding that. You're just going to have to bite the bullet.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    One thing I'll mention is that if a copy of the game you're considering has pictures of the cartridge, sharing those images here would be good so people can look at it and help you see if it's a fake or not.

Back