• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen BW's "Unwavering Emotions" ost hits differently

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    So this thread is a little different - I wanna chat about what I think is one of the most beautiful music piece that has been made for a Pokemon game... "Unwavering Emotions" from Gen V, and how it "hits differently" from 'most' other tracks in the franchise:

I feel like this piece of music is outstanding because of what it represented in the game; the feeling where you experience conflicting emotions from certain characters you come across. (correct me if I'm wrong in this) I believe the first time you hear this is when Bianca confronts her father in Nimbasa City. A father who became overprotective about his daughter insists she comes back home because the big world can be too dangerous for her, while Bianca argues back and insists that she minds her own business while he minds is.

Elesa steps in to fill in her own perspective - there are many people who think differently than Bianca, which can cause her to get hurt. But, it's important to keep trying, in order to learn about the differences about yourself and others, and being different is okay. Ultimately, trainers always have their pokemon at their side, so they're never alone anyway.

It's a tense, yet sincere moment that I feel is even more enhanced with this theme. It plays at certain other moments too, but you guys have any thoughts on this piece? Should it have been played at more key moments? If so, which moments can you think of? What does this music mean for you, and what does it help you think of?

beautiful and touching song for sure - one of my favorites. I'd love to see it officially remixed. So many powerful emotions and really makes me yearn to replay bw again. <3 I honestly forgot it existed until I clicked here to listen, and soo glad I did. cannot believe I'd forget one of the strongest music pieces from the official games.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Bianca wavered so much until that moment. Team Plasma stole her Pokémon, and she didn't know what she wanted to do in life. She probably felt like she couldn't do anything in life because of that. She felt lost and afraid--but with help from Burgh and Iris and the player she could emerge stronger. So when finally confronted with her father, her heart didn't waver. It's a delicate piano that represents Bianca, but eventually other instruments join in--her influences, such as the Gym Leaders and Prof. Juniper who help give her strength. Absolutely love it.

Back