• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen catch MEW in red, blue and yellow without game shark

jj_mew_mew

DaRk
    Years
    i heard in from my fren.....he says .......fly to lavender town.......go to the door of underground path......walk down one step and immediately press start....and fly to cerulean.......before u fly away ....u will see an old man walking towards u......and then......u will find tat u cannot press start.....go to fight a trainer who talks about s.s anne.and has only one slwpoke at the top of cerulean city and then.......fly back to lavender and when u are walking to the underground path.....the start menu willpop up by itself.....press B......and then a lv.7 mew will appear...... :laugh:

Sawyer

���
    Years
    yeah, that's true, i did it myself and traded it to my Crystal. but you have to NOT battle the gambler under the path.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Mew cheat

i dont know what his talking about.but the real way is. u have to have fly and three badges.then go to lavender town and walk left untill u see a gambler now save it.walk in the gambles line of sight then quickly press start if it works u should fly to cerulan city then walk up to where the trainer is with a slowpoke.now when u see him let him walk up u to or the game will crash.after the battle fly to lavender town and walk to the path to the left now the start menu should appear press b and a level 7 mew should apper. (sorry bout spelling) i tried this and it works.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2004
    OOOOOO, I wanna try dat!

But.....

but.....

I already battled that hiker.... can I still do it?

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Sephiroth said:
    OOOOOO, I wanna try dat!

But.....

but.....

I already battled that hiker.... can I still do it?

You can do it with any trainer that sees (challenges) you at the same distance as the Gambler. Just make sure not to battle the Schoolboy that battles you with a Slowpoke on the way to Bill's house. You need the Schoolboy's Slowpoke battle to get Mew.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    I believe they have to be completely off your screen. You walk one space towards their line of sight. You press Start quickly, and fly away.

When you pressed Start, they should just be at the edge of the screen.

I'm pretty sure on this, but not absolutely sure. The best way to confirm it would to be to just test it out. It won't do any harm.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2004
    *plays as he types*

I pressed start when he/she saw me, but it didn't like stop the screen, is that ok?

(the menu didn't come up)

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    The instructions that I looked at the first time to try the cheat weren't one hundred per cent accurate, just as mine wasn't.

You almost have to press Start while you're pressing the up button on the D-pad toward the trainer.

The direction may be different than up, but the principle is the same.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2004
    I can pause it and have the trainer on the end of the screen, but the '!' has appeared yet....

TheSmurf12

Banned
    Years
    ANother Way! :)

There another way called the TMG (Teleport Mew Glitch) and this is how to do
    it. this works the first time when you go into cerulean. Ok, when you enter Cerulean City go to the Pokemon Center and heal even if
    you have full hp. Then once you've done that, make sure you have 4 or less
    pokemon. If not put enough in your PC so you have 4 or less pokemon. Then once
    you have done that, head out and go north to nugget bridge. Then your rival
    should come up. Beat him and go heal if you have to otherwise go and beat the 5
    poeple on the bridge and the rocket person that gives you the prize (nugget)
    After you beat him, SAVE IT. Once you have done that head north then left over
    the river so your right next to the mountain. Then if you go down you should see
    a guy hiding in the grass. DO NOT VERSE HIM. If you did, turn your gameboy off
    and on and do it again. Instead of versing him. Keep walking around in the grass
    untill you find an Abra. Then catch it. I have heard that you can only catch
    Abra there only in Red and Blue. As for yellow, I think, that you can catch it
    on Route 8. Well once you have caught it, save it. Abra should be in your
    line-up now. After that head north just one step/screen above the guy in the
    grass. Take one step to the right so that you are now directly above him but he
    is still off your screen. *NOTE: If you verse him during the process of doing
    this, turn you gameboy off and on.* So now that you are above him but cant see
    him, press down and then press start quickly after you press down. If you did it
    right, your start menu would now have popped up and you are able to see the guy
    left of the start menu. If you did it wrong turn it off and on. Now that your
    menu is up. Click POKEMON, then go to Abra and click Teleport. The guy will see
    you just as you teleport away. Now you should be at the pokemon center without
    the start button functioning. Now head back to nugget bridge but this time take
    a right. You should come upon 2 hikers. Try to avoid them and find a way
    through. It is okay i u fight one of them. It works this way also. After you have passed 3 trainers, you will see 2 more trainers. A boy
    and a girl. Now we have to verse the boy. DO NOT WALK UP TO HIM otherwise your
    game will freeze. Instead, simply walk up then right and make him walk towards
    you. So now you are in a battle. He will send out a Slopoke. Beat him. After you
    have beaten him, your start button will start to work properly again. So press
    start and Teleport to the Pokemon Center again. Now if you haven't already,
    stack up on pokeballs at the mart. You should have at LEAST 5 pokeballs. Once
    you think you are ready, SAVE IT, cause if you mess up you would have to do it
    all over again. Now head back to nugget bridge. Walk north to the bridge and
    your start menu will pop up. Simply press B and await your Mew battle.

Back