• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resolved: Censoring Needs Revising?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm intrigued to find that the word "d a g o" (censoring bypassed so you'd actually be able to know what word I'm referring to, if I receive an infraction then there is great injustice...) is censored yet "spic", holding the same meaning and being more common, and "bugger" aren't censored.

As the title suggests, I think PC should include a few more words to the censored list.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    xD
    Heh, that was certainly swift.

And of bugger, well... Just a selection of meanings, not every one is here.

As a noun:

1. (obsolete) A heretic.
    2. (UK law) Someone who commits buggery; a sodomite.
    3. (slang, pejorative, UK) A foolish or worthless person, rascal; however also used affectionately: chap.
    How are you, you old bugger?

4. (slang, dated) A damn, anything at all.
    I don't give a bugger how important you think it is.

Verb:

1. (vulgar, UK) To sodomize.
    2. (slang, vulgar in UK) To ruin.
    This computer is buggered!

And lastly an interjection:

1. (slang, UK, Australia, New Zealand, vulgar) An expression of annoyance or displeasure.
    Oh bugger!

Last edited:

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    "bugger" holds no (bad) meaning here.. so its not censored. That said, there is nothing to stop the mods from infracting you if YOU (or anyone) used it as a curse word.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    That word can be potentially vulgar. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use it anyway, so I see nothing against censoring it. (The community wouldn't suffer either way, though).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    That is a better way to put it, but I think it would've looked odd if I'd said that first.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    HAHAHA. LOL rukario lol. Anyweh foreign curses are um un censored? I mean I think besides me there has to be quite a few people with knowledge on greek curses.

Back