• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] childhood roleplaying

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • did you ever like. roleplay when you were a kid? on the playground, with your siblings/neighbors/friends, on your own, with your toys? did you have any interesting/funny storylines or characters?

i'll come back to elaborate on when I DM'd an interactive adventure for my littler brothers in our backyard- but the one im really thinking of right now was that my brother and i would play "dragonball z" when we went to the pool. very dramatic sparring and lots of kamehamehas (putting the pams of hands together at the surface of the water and pushing outward to make a big splash at the other person). very entertaining

Years
  • I lived for this shit when I was little lmao. I don't have any specifics for you at this moment, but my little sister and I had a world full of characters we kept coming back to. I'm talking storylines that developed over months and years and when we got bored we started again. Granted, the insanity of it all was more my schtick, my sister probably just wanted to play and was happy to have the company.

In hindsight, my hobbies really haven't changed that much, just evolved to their more adult equivalents.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I played Pokémon with my friends on the playground in elementary school! And other stuff we saw on TV but I think I distinctly remember Pokémon best because 1) it's a franchise I'm still attached to as an adult and 2) it apparently looked so bizarre and silly to my mom she would still randomly go "Chansey, Chansey!" etc. well into my teens to mimic my/friends' impressions of Pokémon when I was a kid.

Sometimes we would have a trainer character or two but most of the time we were Pokémon, which is the opposite of what I do now since I don't like roleplaying as Pokémon now when I write. I don't remember any specific stories but I think it was mainly based on stuff we saw in the anime.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    I never played much with... Other people at all in my childhood? But I clearly remember writing in a notebook all about my Pokémon adventures as a trainer in Sinnoh... All rigorously with misspelled names of Pokémon because I just didn't understand them haha~

That's mostly it though :') it never really got to the point where I would let other people get involved...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I did a little, and everyone (The two other people in the rp) hated my character. After my computer was taken away, I couldn't maintain it anymore and the two people just did it without me. When I came back, they straight up said it was better without me. Rude assholes. u_u

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    tbh yeah haha. Me and my brother each had a character we'd "play" in our large garden, and the other of us would play robots who were invading. The one who was the "main character" at the time had to either sneak past, fight or convince the robot to let them past, or to find some objective or item or clues to such. It was weirdly thrilling and we must have had an immense imagination considering it really just were the two of us.

I'm sure there were other adventurous stories as well but that's the strongest one that came to mind.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • I did, Naruto was very popular at one point so me and my friends back in elementary school used to roleplay as ninjas. I remember that we used to play as ninjas from different villages yet for some reason, a lot of us spammed the hell out of rasengan. Good Times.

Also Eyeshield 21, well... until someone get injured, and that was pretty much it

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I think the first time I roleplayed it was using dolls. You know, making up stories for them and acting them out. Later on I included other toys and involved other people! Though honestly I think me and my friend were just shotgunning dumb jokes at each other the entire time.

Back