• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Community Poll #3: Starter Pok?mon

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Community Poll #3: Starter Pokémon

Community Poll #3 - Starter Pokémon

Welcome back to our Community Region poll! The Connexus region now has a name and a shape, and soon we'll be getting in to the nitty gritty of themes, legendaries and towns. But first, we wanted to ease you all in with something everyone loves about the Pokémon games and anime - the Starter Pokémon.

Typically, each region has a unique set of Starter Pokémon to give to new trainers starting on their quest to be a Pokémon master - and Connexus should be no different!

Your task this week is to nominate 'mons to act as Connexus Starters. You may pick any basic Pokémon you wish, however you should consider how they interact with one another. The only other conditions we're putting on this discussion is that you must nominate three 'mons as a set and Fakemon are not allowed.

e.g. I nominate: Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander​

Otherwise it's up to you! You may submit up to two sets of starters for this poll.

Things to consider:
    • Traditional Starters or Different?
    • Grass/Fire/Water? Another triangle? No triangle at all?
    • Are my three choices equal?
    • Would I want to pick these starters if I was a new trainer in Connexus?

On Monday 25th January all the nominations will be put in a poll to be voted on. Have fun!

Current Region Information:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Now this is a bit different than a typical starter trio but i think are great Pokemon for trainers just starting out and and form a perfect circle regarding their type's weaknesses and strengths to each other.

I nominate Aron, Chimchar and Roggenrola as this region's starter trio.

I for one would love to have any one of these three Pokemon as my starter if i was in this region :)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I of course will vote mudkip, torchic, and treecko

that pile of starters looks painful :p

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Persoally, I've always liked changing the starter triangle to something other than fire, water, grass. So my starters will make a different, but still legit, starter triangle.

Mankey, Poochyena, Drowzee.

All of these pokemon are pure typing and have only one evolution.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'll nominate Chimchar/Turtwig/Piplup and Tepig/Snivy/Oshawatt.

I like using a traditional starter trio, and I feel like either of these will work for the layout of the region (at least the one in my head).

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm going to nominate a trio of Klink, Vanilite and Trapinch. They don't have the reverse synergy that a typical starter trio does, but they do form a triangle of Steel > Ice > Ground > Steel.

Additionally all have three stages but don't require items or anything special to evolve (like most starters) and have close stats through their evolutions, with Vanilite's ending slightly higher to compensate for it's bad typing. None of these pokemon can mega-evolve either so that keeps them equal.

I'd happily pick any of them as a starter, it'd be a really interesting to use one of them instead of your typical grass/fire/water.

Years
  • This is a super cool idea! I might hang around in this area of forums a bit.

Rattata + Sentret + Bidoof

Now, here's what you need to think about. What if these were the rare Pokemon in the Connexus Region? They would be a bit more special and people would want them as a starter. (kind of just a funny choice, but a thought)

Then:

Cleffa + Igglybuff + Happiny

Yep, normal types FTW.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    This is a super cool idea! I might hang around in this area of forums a bit.

Rattata + Sentret + Bidoof

Now, here's what you need to think about. What if these were the rare Pokemon in the Connexus Region? They would be a bit more special and people would want them as a starter. (kind of just a funny choice, but a thought)

Then:

Cleffa + Igglybuff + Happiny

Yep, normal types FTW.

For the first trio, I would pick sentret. For some reasn I never liked the second trios pokemon that much.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    The poll will go up when I'm back from work tonight, so think of this as a 10 hour warning :).

Back