• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Community Poll #4: The Professor

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Community Poll #3 - The Professor

Welcome back to our Community Region poll! Now, last time we've decided on the Starter Pokémon for the Connexus region but on this poll, we're going to be deciding on The Professor!

Now of course, each region has that same person who always greet new trainers with a "Hello there, and welcome to the world of Pokémon!" message, so, on this topic we're going to be deciding on the Professor's name!

So again, on this poll, you can suggest a name for the Professor of this region, and once the deadline of that has passed, we'll be making a new thread that has a poll, listing the suggested names where you guys can vote for your favourites! Of course, the one that has the most votes will be chosen! You can do it like so:

e.g. I nominate: Professor Birthright​

Up to you! Just suggest any one name, as long as it's appropriate!

Things to consider:
    • Does the name have a reason for it?
    • What goals do you think this Professor will have?
    • How does this this name relate to what goals the Professor can have?

On Monday 15th of February, all the nominations will be put in a poll to be voted on. Have fun and feel free to contact us if you have any questions!

Current Region Information:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

ForeverBurning

Part-Time Person
    Years
  • How to create your own professor:

Step 1: Find the common name of a plant you like. (Ex: Willow)

Step 2: Put professor in front of it. (Ex: Professor Willow)

Congratulations! You have now made your very own professor!

I'm going for Professor Willow.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • I suggest Professor Myrtle. It passes as a girl's name so I guess it's a name for a female professor.

Does the name have a reason for it?
    Other than the common trope of having tree names for the Pokemon Professors, the Myrtle is a Greek symbol of love and Hebrew symbol for marriage.

What goals do you think this Professor will have?
    Her goal is to study the lore of the various regions of WoPC. She takes up residence in the Connexus region due to its ease of access to the majority of WoPC.

How does this this name relate to what goals the Professor can have?
    Like how her name has symbolic meanings, she firmly believes there is some meaning and hint of truth to the various lore and mysteries in each region of the world. Her main theory and angle of research is that "In each and every mystery and legend in the world, there is always a Pokemon behind it".

Additional: Ironically, for a woman named after a tree that's a symbol of love and marriage, her love life is as dry as a petrified tree bark. It doesn't help that she's approaching her late 20's without a single boyfriend since birth. She gets snappy and frustrated whenever she sees couples and as a result, she drowns her woes on Pokemon Research, giving her eyebags as well as a stressed-out look.
    Community Poll #4: The Professor

^sorta like this

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I suggest Professor Myrtle. It passes as a girl's name so I guess it's a name for a female professor.

Other than the common trope of having tree names for the Pokemon Professors, the Myrtle is a Greek symbol of love and Hebrew symbol for marriage.

Her goal is to study the lore of the various regions of WoPC. She takes up residence in the Connexus region due to its ease of access to the majority of WoPC.

Like how her name has symbolic meanings, she firmly believes there is some meaning and hint of truth to the various lore and mysteries in each region of the world. Her main theory and angle of research is that "In each and every mystery and legend in the world, there is always a Pokemon behind it".

Additional: Ironically, for a woman to be named after a symbol of love and marriage, her lovelife is as dry as a petrified tree bark. It doesn't help that she's approaching her late 20's without a single boyfriend since birth. She gets snappy and frustrated whenever she sees couples and as a result, she drowns her woes on Pokemon Research, giving her eyebags as well as a stressed-out look.
    Community Poll #4: The Professor

^sorta like this
    Wow, you are really good at art.,

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Like the names everyone! I don't even feel a need to come up with one myself, these are so much better than I can think of! lol

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm going to go ahead and suggest Professor Yew.

Once again continuing from the tradition of tree names, I think Professor Yew has a nice ring to it. This can work for male or female, but I think it would sound better for a female professor.

To pass down the history of Pokemon and teach trainers about the mythology of the Connexus Region.

Well since it is stated that Yews are linked with folklore and superstition, this could tie in to how the professor has goals of teaching trainers about the history of Connexus and the stories passed down from generations.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Wow Blue you were quick with that Avatar!

Cool names so far! Personally, I do like sticking to the trees/plants theme too!

Professor Ash Cypress?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2017
    i put forward Professor Beech
    continuing the tradition of naming a professor after a tree and it would be suited for both male and female plus Beech trees share its origin word with book which is under the portfolio of a Professor
    they would probably research the various legends of the region and would try and come up with conclusions how to apply the knowledge of the past in the here and now
    Beech is concerned with ancient knowledge as revealed in old objects, places and writings. Beech indicates guidance from the past to gain insight which protects and provides a solid base upon which all relies.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    This thread will close later today and a poll will go up! :) Get your ideas in soon.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • I really do not know about professor's motives, gender neither his objective ?
    anyways I have to participate for sure in this thread, as for female I suggest Octavia, sounds professional and attractive, hard to forget and haawt ehh! (;
    If the main prof. was a male, probably an old man, so what about Sebastian mature, strong and have sense of dedication.

Back