• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Custom TCG Creation!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Custom TCG Creation!

DETAILS

Welcome to the GT 2022! In this event your goal is to create a realistic and interesting custom Pokémon card! Below are the listed rules. After [date pending], this thread will be closed, and a new thread known as the "voting phase" will be opened with everyone's entries to be judged! Remember, think outside of the box and have fun!

Have any questions? Ask Fairy!

RULES

◊ All global Pokecommunity rules apply.
    ◊ Users may only submit ONE card design.
    ◊ Use of card creator templates is allowed, for example: this.
    Please note that the Fairy & Dragon type are no longer represented but still permitted in this contest.
    ◊ Points awarded for being creative, realistic, accurate, viable in hypothetical play, and innovative.
    ◊ Fakemon are permitted, but please add a little description about it and how it fits into the Pokémon universe.
    ◊ No Supporters, Energies, Trainers, etc. Monster cards only.
    ◊ Full Art, Rainbow, Tag-Team, etc designs allowed.
    ◊ All art must be credited appropriately.
    ◊ No previously made custom cards.
    ◊ There are no set or expansion requirements, just your personal preference.

VOTING

◊ Anyone can vote, but participants are required to.
    ◊ No voting for yourself.
    ◊ A maximum of 3 cards can be voted for per person.

◊ 1st Place: 100 Points
    ◊ 2nd Place: 75 Points
    ◊ 3rd Place: 50 Points
    ◊ Participation: 20 Points

DEADLINE: OCT 9th - OCT 18th
    VOTING: OCT19th - OCT 23rd

ENJOY

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh this is a fun idea!

Once the points are updated, I think I'm generally fine with this. Only thing is are there perhaps anything for achievements i.e. bonus criteria for bonus points?

Don't need it, just the same question we've asked most other events :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh this is a fun idea!

Once the points are updated, I think I'm generally fine with this. Only thing is are there perhaps anything for achievements i.e. bonus criteria for bonus points?

Don't need it, just the same question we've asked most other events :)
    Tysm! The idea of bonus points is honestly just for people to point out and flex their TCG knowledge, lol. Like, if someone uses a base set card template and decides to add the old school "1st edition" marker instead of the new one, that would definitely be something worth mentioning! Or if someone makes a Japanese card and doesn't include the rarity in the bottom right corner, that would qualify!

My plan is to, during the voting phase, break down the entries into different categories so bonus points can be handed out. Like there's gonna be a classic 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes, as listed (and now updated!).. but also fun achievement based things like "most memeable", "most accurate to set", "best custom art", "best representation of spooky month", etc things for fun. :)

Years
  • Those point scores are still very small for a long event.

1st Place: 100 Points
    2nd Place: 50 Points
    3rd Place: 25 Points
    Participation: Either 5 Points or at EO's discretion

Here's the guideline for longform stuff.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Omg I was so sure I changed that, my bad! ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)

Back