• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Debate Topics

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Okay, so Nah and I are looking into creating a debate-based event somewhat similar to events that RT has undergone in the past, but with a bit of a twist on it. Before we go into the specifics of the event and get it posted however, we would like to request your help.

Our question to you, is what topics would you like to see debated in a Round Table event? Whether they have come up before or not doesn't matter, just throw any ideas you have at us.

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
    Years
    Okay, so Nah and I are looking into creating a debate-based event somewhat similar to events that RT has undergone in the past, but with a bit of a twist on it. Before we go into the specifics of the event and get it posted however, we would like to request your help.

Our question to you, is what topics would you like to see debated in a Round Table event? Whether they have come up before or not doesn't matter, just throw any ideas you have at us.

Some topics I believe would spark an interesting debate

-Should you have the right to request to be euthanised?

-Do you believe organised religion slowed the development of humanity?

-Atoms and particles behave in a probabilistic way, but our brain is made of atoms and particles. So how can free will exist?

-If every cell in our bodies gets replaced over 7 years, will you still be you in 7 years time? (Also called The ship of Theseus or Trigger's Boom)

-Would your life be better or worse if you knew the day, time, and place that you were going to die?

-Would you rather be insane in a functional society, or one of the people running a profoundly dysfunctional society?

Years
    Stuff dealing with health and the environment. Those seem applicable to most people and I think most people would have an opinion or some knowledge. So, topics could be:

• climate change, what can be done to stop, slow, or adapt to it
    • GMOs and organic food
    • biodiversity / habitat loss / endangered species
    • food deserts / how people can be healthier / childhood obesity / other topic about improving the health of people
    • overpopulation / future of the human race
    • etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back