• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Digimon Crystal [COMPLETE]

Days
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Gotcha. Could alt colors be an option to fill some more out, like Skullgreymon to Blackwargreymon for example?
    I was thinking that too, shiny agumon line could be black/blue to be the virus versions, but that's a lot of work

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Gotcha. Could alt colors be an option to fill some more out, like Skullgreymon to Blackwargreymon for example?
    SkullGreymon can't become BlackWarGreymon because of the way Shinies are coded. They're literally just a palette swap, not a whole new sprite.
    At some point I'll probably just edit all the Shinies to be "dark" or "viral" versions of each Digimon's normal colour palette. As for Digimon that are already viral (like the Cherbumon Vice line), I'll... think of something lol

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    UPDATE TO SHINIES

I edited each Digimon's shiny form. Most of them are just in new colours I think looked nice. However, I was also able to use the Shiny palette to add in Youkomon, Doumon, Kuzuhamon, BlueMeramon, RedVegiemon, DoKunemon, Solarmon, Panjyamon, Vermilimon, WaruSeadramon, Gorimon, Rapidmon (Gold), Shurimon (Autumn), Elecmon (Blue), Otamamon (Red), and the black/dark/viral versions of Agumon, Greymon, MetalGreymon, WarGreymon, Gabumon, Garurumon, WereGarurumon, MetalGarurumon, Gatomon, ExVeemon, Guilmon, Growlmon, Gargomon, MegaGargomon, and SuperStarmon as "cameo" appearances.

I also added a new function: pressing SELECT when viewing the Digidex will toggle between normal and Shiny palettes.

I can only attach 10 image files per post nowadays but here's some of them:
    Digimon Crystal shiny1.pngDigimon Crystal shiny3.pngDigimon Crystal shiny2.pngDigimon Crystal shiny4.pngDigimon Crystal shiny5.pngDigimon Crystal shiny6.pngDigimon Crystal shiny7.pngDigimon Crystal shiny8.pngDigimon Crystal shiny9.pngDigimon Crystal shiny10.png

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    UPDATE TO SHINIES

I edited each Digimon's shiny form. Most of them are just in new colours I think looked nice. However, I was also able to use the Shiny palette to add in Youkomon, Doumon, Kuzuhamon, BlueMeramon, RedVegiemon, DoKunemon, Solarmon, Panjyamon, Vermilimon, WaruSeadramon, Gorimon, Rapidmon (Gold), Shurimon (Autumn), Elecmon (Blue), Otamamon (Red), and the black/dark/viral versions of Agumon, Greymon, MetalGreymon, WarGreymon, Gabumon, Garurumon, WereGarurumon, MetalGarurumon, Gatomon, ExVeemon, Guilmon, Growlmon, Gargomon, MegaGargomon, and SuperStarmon as "cameo" appearances.

I also added a new function: pressing SELECT when viewing the Digidex will toggle between normal and Shiny palettes.

I can only attach 10 image files per post nowadays but here's some of them:
    View attachment 155071View attachment 155073View attachment 155072View attachment 155074View attachment 155075View attachment 155076View attachment 155077View attachment 155078View attachment 155079View attachment 155080
    That's insanely cool, thanks a ton :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    Minor bug to report:

This sage in sprout tower has a glitch in his text, creating a large empty space in his initial dialog. I didn't get a screenshot of the glitch itself unfortunately as I was reflexively pushing the forward-text button.

It was something like:
    "The elder's

lights up the darkest places."
    1000002398-jpg.155200

Attachments

• 1000002398.jpg
      1000002398.jpg
      112.9 KB · Views: 119

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Minor bug to report:

This sage in sprout tower has a glitch in his text, creating a large empty space in his initial dialog. I didn't get a screenshot of the glitch itself unfortunately as I was reflexively pushing the forward-text button.

It was something like:
    "The elder's

lights up the darkest places."
    1000002398-jpg.155200
    Strange, it doesn't do that in my version. Are you playing the most up-to-date release?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Hey im back after the E4, gonna prob do postgame on my own, only complaints is potentially the chibomon/calumon fight i see is most likely fixed and some pre-e4 level scaling due to how the game was smashed to fit gen 1 in it too originally by gamefreak but even then stat exp sorta cleans that up.

Overall this is a great recommendation for any digimon fan or someone wanting a fresh playthrough of gen2, nice and understandable with somehow retaining authentic gen2 jank but with things like the special split to help, after the postgame i'll be running over to digimon emerald as that seems to have unique moves and a lot more space to work with in the dex, which will feel like it wasn't made first which isn't a bad thing as it immerses me in a sorta 'alternate timeline'.

That said i saw digimon emerald still needs HM's, but nowadays theres decomp hacks with HM replacements or auto using if someone in the party could learn it, maybe the dev can go back and poke that one real quick. One hack i know of that does it is 'pokemon blazing emerald' but there has to be a lot more nowadays.

Overall: glorious romhack 10/10 even if the minor annoyances that isn't the hackers fault, i'd say it doesn't need a unique type chart as what digimon being available changes the saturation and later gens will have more encounters per route to work with as well. I await the gen 4 hack eagerly in however many years we are away from that.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey im back after the E4, gonna prob do postgame on my own, only complaints is potentially the chibomon/calumon fight i see is most likely fixed and some pre-e4 level scaling due to how the game was smashed to fit gen 1 in it too originally by gamefreak but even then stat exp sorta cleans that up.

Overall this is a great recommendation for any digimon fan or someone wanting a fresh playthrough of gen2, nice and understandable with somehow retaining authentic gen2 jank but with things like the special split to help, after the postgame i'll be running over to digimon emerald as that seems to have unique moves and a lot more space to work with in the dex, which will feel like it wasn't made first which isn't a bad thing as it immerses me in a sorta 'alternate timeline'.

That said i saw digimon emerald still needs HM's, but nowadays theres decomp hacks with HM replacements or auto using if someone in the party could learn it, maybe the dev can go back and poke that one real quick. One hack i know of that does it is 'pokemon blazing emerald' but there has to be a lot more nowadays.

Overall: glorious romhack 10/10 even if the minor annoyances that isn't the hackers fault, i'd say it doesn't need a unique type chart as what digimon being available changes the saturation and later gens will have more encounters per route to work with as well. I await the gen 4 hack eagerly in however many years we are away from that.
    Wow, a 10/10?? Such high praise for such a relatively humble rom hack! Thank you so much.

I made Digimon Emerald back in the day before I got used to Disassemblies. It was made purely using an assortment of rom hacking tools, and at that point there was no way to replace HMs with Key Items. But I did the next best thing and made HM moves actually useful (Flash now deals 50 Electric damage as well as reducing accuracy, Cut now raises ATK by one stage, Rock Smash is now a priority move, Strength smashes through barriers, etc.) as well as being forgettable.

I'm glad to hear you'd be down for a Gen IV hack as well. I suppose I should make this official statement: a "Digimon Platinum" is most likely off the table unless a a fresh new batch of 2D Digimon sprites gets released somehow (like Bandai releases a new mobile game or something). I want to avoid reusing the same sprites I used in both Nova Red and Emerald Project. If the Digimon roster is going to be more of the same as what we've seen before, at the very least I want the sprites to be new.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Wow, a 10/10?? Such high praise for such a relatively humble rom hack! Thank you so much.

I made Digimon Emerald back in the day before I got used to Disassemblies. It was made purely using an assortment of rom hacking tools, and at that point there was no way to replace HMs with Key Items. But I did the next best thing and made HM moves actually useful (Flash now deals 50 Electric damage as well as reducing accuracy, Cut now raises ATK by one stage, Rock Smash is now a priority move, Strength smashes through barriers, etc.) as well as being forgettable.

I'm glad to hear you'd be down for a Gen IV hack as well. I suppose I should make this official statement: a "Digimon Platinum" is most likely off the table unless a a fresh new batch of 2D Digimon sprites gets released somehow (like Bandai releases a new mobile game or something). I want to avoid reusing the same sprites I used in both Nova Red and Emerald Project. If the Digimon roster is going to be more of the same as what we've seen before, at the very least I want the sprites to be new.
    Yeah the romhack reinvents pokemon in a great way. The way you can find rare digimon in random corners, the only thing i am left wanting is knowing if there's a reason to get bombmon like some move it gets only in that form because i wasted a lot of my time with that one lol.

For gen4 nuclear option you can just use the DOT keychain sprites and clean them up, i once made geogreymon look less like greymon by bringing in the belly a bit and adding colors for instance, go crazy and add WHATEVER you want, the game is good enough that i'm fine with it, just finished emerald's 8th badge and i would say i'd like new starters maybe with a different triangle of types to really push the limit of differences with the base game.

(blue colors are for translations but you see the big difference of a few pixels and colors at this size while being easy enough for those non-artists to play around a few minutes and improve something, every sprite is on wikimon and proper colors can make even skullgreymon pretty understandable especially if you do something jank like upscaling it 2x and smoothing it out or making it bigger per stage)

Attachments

• GGREA0.png
      GGREA0.png
      234 bytes · Views: 4
    • GREYA0.png
      GREYA0.png
      229 bytes · Views: 4
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    Awwwww yeah, time to complete another Digidex!

Edit:
    Beat Red, working on the Digidex now, I noticed Lalamon didn't show up for being able to use the Sun Stone in Slot 6, but it still evolves anyways.

Meramon in Slot 3 with the Firestone also didn't give a prompt but still evolves.
    Veemon in Slot 2 with the Moonstone to Aerodramon gives the same issue, but still evolves.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    Welp, Digidex is at 248, I just have to hunt down Baihumon & AncientGreymon & then go pick up Azulongmon to complete it... This last bit is probably going to take a while.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Probably a silly question, but is there a list of level-up learnsets available anywhere?
    Sort of. I'll rip the data straight form the game's code here. But it'll be ugly as sin. Oh well. Enjoy!

Spoiler: Movepools

What's that? These are all Pokemon names? Never fear. Reference what Pokemon refers to what Digimon here:

Spoiler: Names

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    Much appreciated!!

Was mostly looking to see if anyone on my team (primarily DarkTyranomon for obvious reasons) would be picking up anything useful against Morty any time soon. Looks like Gabumon's my best bet until I hit 30.

Days
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I have a question how do I patch the game? I play on android and I play on John gbc. Also when I download the media fire after downloaded the game you said to download first it doesn't work. But when I downloaded the 1.0 by accident it worked. Please help me figure this out.

Last edited:
    Back