• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Digimon Crystal [COMPLETE]

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Found an Etsy link of someone selling your hack

Ohh yeah... I'm used to it lol. There's also Etsy sellers selling Digimon Nova Red and Digimon Emerald.
    They can sell at their own risk. They don't own the Digimon IP nor the right to produce Nintendo's GBA carts so technically they're breaking the law. They can do whatever they want, but I have no interest in getting involved.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Hey there

Genuine question, did you alter the RNG at all in this game as part of the difficulty? The only reason I ask is that in the early game I had a very large case of Tackle misses, every time I've been confused I seem to hit myself 3 times in a row, sleep seems to last 5 turns more often than not and in the Goldenrod rival fight I had a case of his Ikkakumon hitting 3 horn drills in a row. It feels like the RNG is heavily weighed against the player and I can't tell if that's something that is a part of the game or if I am just extremely extremely unlucky?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hey there

Genuine question, did you alter the RNG at all in this game as part of the difficulty? The only reason I ask is that in the early game I had a very large case of Tackle misses, every time I've been confused I seem to hit myself 3 times in a row, sleep seems to last 5 turns more often than not and in the Goldenrod rival fight I had a case of his Ikkakumon hitting 3 horn drills in a row. It feels like the RNG is heavily weighed against the player and I can't tell if that's something that is a part of the game or if I am just extremely extremely unlucky?
    As far a as I know, you're just extremely unlucky. 🤣 Maybe RNG was more harsh back in the day and modern Pokemon games have made them lighter on the player (so you could be too used to modern games)? No idea.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    As far a as I know, you're just extremely unlucky. 🤣 Maybe RNG was more harsh back in the day and modern Pokemon games have made them lighter on the player (so you could be too used to modern games)? No idea.
    Damn, that sucks for me 😂but I am glad to know it's just me and not part of the game. I'm up to the Goldenrod Rocket invasion and it's pretty great so far, I appreciate the lengths you took to make it authentic to the original with the sprite work and such while improving the overall quality of life. Great job.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Managed to complete the game with significantly less bad luck after making that post. Here's my game winning team. Was using Mamemon for all of Johto until its types clashed with MetalGreymon's, so I tried looking for a Kabuterimon in Johto but couldn't find one, so I went with Monzaemon instead.
    Digi1.pngDigi2.pngDigi3.pngDigi4.pngDigi5.pngDigi6.png

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Managed to complete the game with significantly less bad luck after making that post. Here's my game winning team. Was using Mamemon for all of Johto until its types clashed with MetalGreymon's, so I tried looking for a Kabuterimon in Johto but couldn't find one, so I went with Monzaemon instead.
    View attachment 158136View attachment 158137View attachment 158138View attachment 158139View attachment 158140View attachment 158141
    Sweet team dude! Lv 70 must have also taken a while to grind up to. There's also something charming but those all-out offensive movepools (beyond Blossomon's); it makes you look like a gym leader lol

Years
    • Seen today
    Say, just got word of this today, and so far I'm simply blown away at how great this is. Proven once again that you are the Digimon Hack GOAT.

So... Where's the move reminder?🧐

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Say, just got word of this today, and so far I'm simply blown away at how great this is. Proven once again that you are the Digimon Hack GOAT.

So... Where's the move reminder?🧐
    That means a lot, thanks! 😁 The move relearner is on Route 34, where the daycare couple used to be.

Days
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Okay, I want to play, but can't. So for now, I will have to look at it...

I am probably one of the biggest fans of Digimon you will ever meet, though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I found a glitch. I'm on the exterior of Mt. Silver and I caught an Arukenimon. When I checked in the box it appeared as a Lalamon. I've attached images. I'm using the mGBA emulator on a Windows PC.

Side note: This hack is excellent btw. I'm really enjoying it.

Attachments

• Digimon Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Hack)-0.png
      Digimon Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Hack)-0.png
      3.9 KB · Views: 3
    • Digimon Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Hack)-1.png
      Digimon Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Hack)-1.png
      2.2 KB · Views: 3

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I found a glitch. I'm on the exterior of Mt. Silver and I caught an Arukenimon. When I checked in the box it appeared as a Lalamon. I've attached images. I'm using the mGBA emulator on a Windows PC.

Side note: This hack is excellent btw. I'm really enjoying it.
    Whoa, that's really strange. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix that. :s
    (Glad you're enjoying the game anyway ^^)

Years
    • Seen today
    That means a lot, thanks! 😁 The move relearner is on Route 34, where the daycare couple used to be.
    Yeah, found it myself some days ago; pleasant surprise, that.

Tbh I'm at the 4th gym and just decided to make a separate save for my Hackers-type shiz; looking at all of the sprites, types and moves (Lv 5 Omnimon just has Ice moves, nani???😂), once again reiterates the fact that you are indeed the Digimon Hack G.O.A.T.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Yeah, found it myself some days ago; pleasant surprise, that.

Tbh I'm at the 4th gym and just decided to make a separate save for my Hackers-type shiz; looking at all of the sprites, types and moves (Lv 5 Omnimon just has Ice moves, nani???😂), once again reiterates the fact that you are indeed the Digimon Hack G.O.A.T.
    Omnimon has all the moves learned in the MetalGarurumon line and WarGreymon line, just in case someone wanted to take him to the Move Relearner. Am I the Digimon hack GOAT? I might be the most active one. But I did see a guy on YouTube making a Digimon rom hack of freaking Sword and Shield and that's orders of magnitude more impressive than what I'm doing. So... 🤷‍♂️

Days
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Been loving this! I've just beat Red so im starting to just collect Digimon. Ive run into an issue, it might just be user error tbh, but i cant seem to find some of the static encounters? I know Azulongmon is in Tin Tower but when i enter there isnt anywhere to go from the 1st floor. As well as i believe i found the area where there should be someone in Whirlpool Islands but theres nothing there? Did i miss something to trigger these spawns? Or did i mess up my download somehow?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Been loving this! I've just beat Red so im starting to just collect Digimon. Ive run into an issue, it might just be user error tbh, but i cant seem to find some of the static encounters? I know Azulongmon is in Tin Tower but when i enter there isnt anywhere to go from the 1st floor. As well as i believe i found the area where there should be someone in Whirlpool Islands but theres nothing there? Did i miss something to trigger these spawns? Or did i mess up my download somehow?
    Just checked and they're both there. For Lucemon X, make sure you grab the Silver Wing from the old guy in Pewter City. For Azulongmon, you need to catch the three roaming Legendaries and then talk to Eusine in the Celadon DigiCenter. Only then will you be able to enter the Tin Tower.

Days
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Just checked and they're both there. For Lucemon X, make sure you grab the Silver Wing from the old guy in Pewter City. For Azulongmon, you need to catch the three roaming Legendaries and then talk to Eusine in the Celadon DigiCenter. Only then will you be able to enter the Tin Tower.
    Okay i def missed the silver wing. I have 2 of the 3 roaming so ill keep searching for AncientSphinxmon. It does say that its a static encounter in the digidex file. Thank you!

Also just a side note: thanks for including Submarimon in this game. Its one of my favorites and hasnt been in any of the official games at all. I was super happy to finally see some love for it!

Days
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Totally ignore me. I got my Ancients mixed up hahaha. Sorry about that bud! Thanks again for making such an awesome game!

Back