• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Do you consider tool assisted RNG abuse cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamibakura95

Shadow Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2022
    Im playing Emerald on emulator. I found a guide on how to RNG using lua scripts and rng reporter. The guide suggested using sav editors and save states but after some experimentation i found i had no use for those. What i did was use lua scripts to track my frames, progress the game frame by frame, estimate IVs using rare candies then calibrate to get my desired frame.

Do you consider this cheating? Because i use lua like a debug mode to show frames and play the game frame by frame to hit the target frames. The pokemons i obtained are legit though im not sure about the method. I use the speedup booster a lot as well.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I suppose I should mention that I deleted the copy of this thread you made yesterday, since you also posted it in Pokemon Gaming Central, and I don't really see the point in having this particular thread in two places at once. This one I'll just lock so you can see the message.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back