• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you remember your first Hall of Fame team?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Not confidently. Assumes Blastoise. Vaguely remembers not wanting Pidgeot in Gold because of using it in Red, so that. Recalls having a high level Dugtrio. Could have happened in postgame, however.

Feels less certain beyond that. Likely picked up Starmie after the Elite Four. Maybe an eeveelution (Jolteon or Flareon)? Could have been clueless about how to evolve Eevee, so possibly not. May have picked Magneton if Jolteon was not on the team.

Years
  • Kind of. I clearly remember Empoleon, then Charizard and Meganium traded by my cousin, but then my memory starts failing me. I am pretty confident there were Staraptor and Bibarel, but i am not 100% sure. I have no idea about the last one. Going by logic, it should have been something like Kadabra.

Years
  • I don't even remember if I picked Charmander or Squirtle on my first playthrough decades ago in Red/Blue.
    Probably some easy to get Pokemon. Stuff like Pidgeot, Golbat and Bellsprout/Oddish.
    Can't really say anything for certain other than there being either a Charmander or Squirtle =P

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • Yes, though "team" is perhaps an overstatement. I soloed the League in Pearl with a level 80-something Torterra and brought my HM Pokemon along since I didn't have anything else. I think I also brought Palkia along but didn't battle with it.

I was not the smartest trainer as a kid.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    I didn't beat the Elite Four for like forever because the first time I got to Ever Grande City, all I had was Swampert and Gyarados, and I didn't use TMs cuz HMs were useless. I beat Pokémon X with Delphox, Raichu, Blastoise, Hawlucha, Mightyena (for some reason), and Donphan which I hatched from a traded egg. I really wanted that Phanpy on my team because it's such a cute little elephant from Pokémon The Movie 3.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Way back in Red, I must have got Vileplume and Alakazam. Venusaur starter for the very first time, but then settled for Blastoise in later versions when I had the Vileplume.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Actually yes. I remember my team partially. It was Leaf Green when I was about 3 years old. Helped me learn to read.

Blastoise
    Zapdos
    Articuno
    Pidgeot

I can't remember the others. I know as a little kid I didn't like Moltres and tossed it in a box. My older brother helped me with some stuff that my small child brain didn't understand. (I had a tendency to release my pokemon instead of boxing them).

The Blastoise moveset was Surf, Hydro Pump, Skull Bash, and Bubble.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    More like the Hall of Shame.

It was sad honestly, typical greenhorn's team who didn't know anything about the games and ended up beating the Elite Four with one or two OP legendaries spamming their stab move and doing most of the work, while the Pokémon used during most of the adventure practically became filler...

Funny origins story for someone who would years later become an anti-legendary :P

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Probably something unoriginal like my Starter (Meganium), the gift Togetic, Red Gyarados, Lugia, etc. Meganium is the only one I remember for sure.

Some other Pokémon I remember using but can't remember if they were from my first playthrough or if they even made it to the E4 include Sandshrew/Sandslash, Wigglytuff, Sentret (was definitely from my first playthrough but I think I boxed it before it even evolved), and Umbreon (though I think this one was post-game since I seem to recall it evolving at Mt. Silver). Maybe Shiny Golbat/Crobat since it seems like I found it during my first file and idk if it would've outsped my Meganium post-game (tried to run, assuming my eyes were playing tricks on me, but the game wouldn't let me).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I remember finishing Red with a level 100 Jolteon and being so excited that I had to show my parents. xD

Luci_

Shroomish Enthusiast
    Days
  • Sun, according to my memory: Primarina, Solgaleo, Toucannon, Vikavolt, Alolan Ninetales, and Lycanroc Midday.
    Pretty solid team I'd say, would use again. Oddly enough I, a child who thought Solgaleo was the coolest possible Pokemon, barely used it.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • In HeartGold, it was my starter, the mascot legendary, a weirdly overlevelled duck I found in the wild, and 3 filler mons.

Back