• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] E&M Trivia

Years
    Will just post this as our thinking space for the event.

I believe we are going to potentially retire, or at least rethink, the Six Degrees event. It didn't quite turn out as expected last year!

Otherwise I think we will probably be operating very similarly to last year.

Years
    Six degrees will indeed be shelved for this year.

The E&M quiz will be 14 daily events similar to last year, with a single point for each correct answer, as well as several possible achievements.

The achievements planned are:

Best Day Ever - FIRST team to score 100% in a round - 10 Points

Chain Reaction - FIRST team to score 90%+ for 5 rounds in a row - 15 Points

Glass half full - Score 100% in 7 rounds (doesn't need to be consecutive) - 25 Points

Chillin'' in the 90's - Average 90%+ correct answers for the whole event - 30 Points

Clean Sweep - Obtain 100% correct answers for the entire event - 50 Points (this ain't happening tbh!)

The achievement points listed are placeholders so feel free to adjust as necessary. Our teams ended up on 153 and 89 points last year INCLUDING achievements, so scores were perhaps a tad low vs the 150/100 plus bonuses expected from a long event so I MIGHT add a question or two to a couple of rounds but I was pretty happy with the set up last time in all honesty,

Years

Entertainment & Media
    Quizarama!!!

I will be hosting a different event each day during the GT - 14 daily events in all - spanning a range of subjects covered by the E&M section (Film, TV, Music, Books, Sport etc.)

The rules are simple:

★ Every day I will post a new event in the second post of this thread. I will also bump the thread with a link to it.

★ Teams should confer and discuss the questions and possible answers before submitting.

★ It is supposed to be a fun way to bond with your teammates, so please NO GOOGLING the answers.

★ Teams will get points for every correct answer, plus bonus points for various achievements along the way:

● Best Day Ever - FIRST team to score 100% in a round
    - 10 Points

● Chain Reaction - FIRST team to score 90%+ for 5 rounds in a row
    - 15 Points

● Glass half full - Score 100% in 7 rounds (doesn't need to be consecutive)
    - 20 Points

● Chillin'' in the 90's - Average 90%+ correct answers for the whole event
    - 25 Points

● Clean Sweep - Obtain 100% correct answers for all 14 rounds
    - 50 Points

★ You will find the closing time in the daily post. Once your team has agreed on as many answers as possible for that day's event, one member of the team should submit them to me before the deadline either:

On the forum via Private Message
    Or on Discord at hoshinoakari

★ I will accept each team's first set of answers only.

★ The most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!

Years
    Looking at the points the teams got last year, I'd be happy for this to go ahead exactly as it did, as it basically surmounted to the same as everything else anyway.

Back