• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Egg Swap XV Planning

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I kinda forgot we skipped 2021. Also, I've been running this event for 10 years. Eesh.

A problem we ran into last time was that not many people joined since you now require a subscription to access online features, like trading. This however may have improved in the last 2 years giving everyone time to -switch- to the Switch.

I was going to run this one with Sword and Shield, since that is still the tournament standard and would be a version of the game people are more likely to have, but since I've been out of the loop for a little while if anyone had any better suggestions I am all ears.

To do:

• Copy/paste code from previous egg swap
    • Update post to this year (in progress)
    • Update graphics to Sword/Shield
    • Restore Pokémon animated sprites
    • New banner & signature banner (do people still use these?)

[FONT=Maven Pro, Helvetica, Verdana]

Hosted by [user]Kip[/user]

20 years of PokéCommunity, 10 years of Egg Swap.

Welcome, one and all, to PokéCommunity's fifteenth Great Egg Swap!

Week 1: Sword & Shield
    9 - 15 October

Next week: Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl!
    You may enter both for double points!

Egg Swap XV Planning
    How Does it Work?

1. Breed ONE egg. It can be absolutely anything you like - the more unusual the better!

2. Register your name here. Use the registration form below to register your name and friendcode. It will appear in the scoreboard and you will be assigned a number. You cannot begin swapping until you've got a number.

3. Get swapping! Swap your egg with someone using the standard trade system, then swap that egg with someone else. Keep swapping with as many people as you can.

4. Report it. Once you have completed your swap, post here using the report form detailing who you swapped with.
    1 swap = 1 point each.​

You can register all throughout the event, but bear in mind that the sooner you do it the sooner your name gets on the list!

And of course, after it has finished, be sure to post which Pokémon you got!

Egg Swap XV Planning
    A Few Rules...

1. Breed ONE egg for this event. Once you have traded that egg, you cannot breed another.

2. Do not switch the egg you receive with any other eggs you happen to have in your game.

3. You may only use one game for the event.

4. DO NOT LET THE EGG HATCH. Trade directly from a box to prevent this from happening.

5. Your swap points will only be counted when both users post to report the swap. If you're unsure on how it works, have a look through last time's thread.

6. Once you have swapped, you may not swap with the same person again until you have both swapped with another person. Try to swap with a variety of people.

7. Avoid trading in circles - it's just the same eggs going around and around. Try waiting for others to come online.

8. Do not deliberately exploit the system to boost your score - (through excluding players, trading pacts, etc.). Anyone caught doing this will be disqualified. If you suspect any player of being in a trading pact or are somehow cheating the system, you can PM the hosts anonymously.

9. NO HACKED EGGS. Do not create an egg that is not legitimately obtainable in the games (e.g. a Mew egg).

10. You may enter both events!​
    Egg Swap XV Planning
    Registration Form

Username:

Trainer name:

Team: (Marowak/Decidueye)

Game: (Sword/Shield)

Friendcode:

Egg Swap XV Planning
    Report Form

If you're the first to report the swap:

Swapped with: (Number) + (Name)

If you're the second, quote the first post:
    (Quote of first report)

Confirmed. Swapped with: (Number) + (Name)

Feel free to post chat along with the report, just make sure the report comes first so we can keep track of your points.

Remember:
    If there are not two participant numbers in a confirmation post (1 in the quote, 1 in your post) the points will not count.

Egg Swap XV Planning

Hall of Fame
    2011 New Years Day: Air Pichu • 96 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2011 Easter: Impo • 135 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2011 GT8: Kenshin5 • 258 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2012 New Years Day: Twiggy • 188 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2012 Easter: GreenGoblin • 128 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2012 PCX: Chr. Draco • 18 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2013 GT10: tabor62 • 141 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2014 Gold Rush: RedJ • 51 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2015 GT12: RedJ • 155 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2016 GT14: Chr. Draco • 24 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2017 PCXV: HeroLinik • 117 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2018 GT16: Syntthetix • 77 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

2019 GT17: Cid • 34 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning

GT2020: Fanfrir & Chr. Draco • 10 Swaps •
    Egg Swap XV Planning
    Egg Swap XV Planning

[/FONT]

Egg Swap XV Planning
    Scoreboard
    Updated jointly by Kip and HeroLinik.

Player No. • Name • Team • Game • Friendcode • Swap Points

#001 • [user]Kip[/user] • Marowak
    Egg Swap XV Planning
    • 0000 0000 0000 • 0

(I am ineligible to win, but you can still swap with me to earn points!)

#002 • [user]User[/user] (Trainer Name)Marowak
    Egg Swap XV Planning
    • 0000 0000 0000 • 0
    #003 • [user]User[/user] (Trainer Name)Decidueye
    Egg Swap XV Planning
    • 0000 0000 0000 • 0

Egg Swap XV Planning
    Current Status

Get swapping!
    You can start swapping as soon as you have received a number.
    [/font]​

Egg Swap XV Planning

Good luck and have fun!
    If you have any questions/concerns/problems please feel free to PM me.

Enjoy the rest of GT 2022!

[/FONT]​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just to check - what is the reason to stick to just one game? I ask mostly because I wonder if we could do SwSh and BDSP also, or are we worried about potentially splitting activity and such?

Also regarding points, and achievements, are there any thoughts on this?

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Just to check - what is the reason to stick to just one game? I ask mostly because I wonder if we could do SwSh and BDSP also, or are we worried about potentially splitting activity and such?

I'm worried about splitting activity. That being said, activity has been so low from the past few GTs that I may try holding two leagues to give people the option. That would mean we have two sets of winners - if that's ok. It would mean players will need to include the league they are partaking in when they report a swap, buuuut it would give them two bites at the apple, which may be an incentive.

Also regarding points, and achievements, are there any thoughts on this?

I'd be using the 'Long Events' points table for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. We did something similar to achievements with secret emblems before, which we could do again. The nature of the event would mean it would have to be done at the end.

Years
  • I'm worried about splitting activity. That being said, activity has been so low from the past few GTs that I may try holding two leagues to give people the option. That would mean we have two sets of winners - if that's ok. It would mean players will need to include the league they are partaking in when they report a swap, buuuut it would give them two bites at the apple, which may be an incentive.

I'd be using the 'Long Events' points table for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. We did something similar to achievements with secret emblems before, which we could do again. The nature of the event would mean it would have to be done at the end.

Sorry to come back to you so late - so I think initially in that case it may be best to stick to what you have already. What I suggest is that maybe if it's looking quiet, we could open it up to another game in the second week? But otherwise, may be best to keep it how it's been running this whole time.

Awesome with the points and yes I think I remember seeing the secret emblems, so feel free to use those as your 'Achievements'!

Years
  • Just dropping a reminder that there's only a week left until things kick off. We need your OP, a scheduling post and your Discord info by then so we can have everything set up for you.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Thanks for all the feedback.

To cover most ground, I'm going to split the event into two and have one week for Sword and Shield and the other for Diamond and Pearl. People will be able to participate in both events. For the sake of sanity I plan to post these as two separate threads.

We can award full points for each event, or if you guys prefer we can award half points each - whichever you think is fairer.

Hopefully this should help keep up engagement to the end of the GT, as activity can wane towards the end.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for all the feedback.

To cover most ground, I'm going to split the event into two and have one week for Sword and Shield and the other for Diamond and Pearl. People will be able to participate in both events. For the sake of sanity I plan to post these as two separate threads.

We can award full points for each event, or if you guys prefer we can award half points each - whichever you think is fairer.

Hopefully this should help keep up engagement to the end of the GT, as activity can wane towards the end.

As this is running as two separate events I'd be happy to have them run as two completely separate ones and therefore have full points for both!

Could I just grab a Discord handle please (if you're using Discord) so I can add you to the EO list on the PC server?

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    As this is running as two separate events I'd be happy to have them run as two completely separate ones and therefore have full points for both!

Could I just grab a Discord handle please (if you're using Discord) so I can add you to the EO list on the PC server?

That's great, thank you. My Discord handle is Kip#0192.

Back