• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ENDED] Game Development Winter Games Jam

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Game Development Winter Games Jam

How could we possibly smash together the concepts of game development and winter? Well, how else?

The rules are simple:
    • Your task is to design and/or create a game.
    • The game should be based on or themed around something appropriate to the season: winter, Christmas, snow, ice, etc. It can be any kind of game you want, Pokémon or otherwise.
    • Both playable games and game ideas are allowed.
    • You can work on your own or in a team.
    • Be creative, be detailed, be fun!
    • Post your results in this thread.
    And that's it! You have three weeks to come up with something - the deadline is:

11:59pm GMT, 24th December 2015

This event is for fun only, so there won't be winners or losers. Everyone who participates will earn themselves a (yet to be designed) emblem.

Meanwhile...

This thread isn't just for posting games and game ideas in. That'd be boring. It's also for discussion about the jam, posting updates and sharing ideas, tips and tricks, asking questions, and generally anything game development-related you want to say.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Yes. You can either make a game, or you can write a description of a game. Remember, of course, that a game is much more than just a story (if it even has a story) - you should describe game mechanics/enemies/items and so forth as well. Be as detailed as possible.

Oh, and it doesn't need to be a Pokémon game either. Any type of game will do. You want to make an Asteroids clone in which you shoot snowflakes instead of asteroids? You absolutely can.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Okay, this sounds pretty cool and might actually provide a good starting point for a Latias shmup I've been thinking about. I'm not exactly sure how much time I'll have this month but maybe I'll start with a design and then see where I'm at.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • So down for this game jam! I'm still terrible at coding since I'm usually the artist/designer in teams, but I'll give it a shot (At least it's not a weekend game jam xD). If I don't get something playable, will defs have a game concept and art done by the .

Am I right in thinking the games don't have to be Pokemon games?

Maruno's last post says it doesn't have to be.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Time's up! Post what you've got, so we can take a look at/play it.

Back