• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Entertainment & Media Trivia

Years

• E & M TRIVIA

THE LOWDOWN

Roll out the red carpet for PC's first ever Entertainment & Media Trivia! That's right, it's time to swot up on all things E&M, as we put your knowledge to the test! The winning team will then be awarded 200 points towards their team's total at the end of the event, with second place receiving 100 points and last place receiving 50 points. Once you've had a rummage through the gift bags you got on arrival, feel free to come this way and see how this will work.

Myself and Ash Ketchup have come up with a series of general knowledge questions, spanning all areas of the E&M section (Film, TV, Books, Sports and Music). These will be posted every other day and each team will have until the next set of questions to answer as many as possible.

You will be allowed, as a team, to submit one set of answers to me. Answers MUST be submitted via Discord (either in your team channel or via DM - Arcaneum#0823). I apologise for forum-goers, however with the events I am running, I am already going to be stretched a bit and having to check both platforms etc. will be too much. Any forum submissions will not be accepted.

Once submitted, I will tell you which ones are incorrect and you will get one more shot at correcting these answers and sending a final submission to me.

For tiebreakers, I would advise you pay close attention to things such as release dates, event dates, etc!

RULES OF THE RED CARPET

Throughout the event, to try and create clear leads etc. for teams, there will be an internal scoreboard. Each question correctly answered will net you 5 points, with a full set giving you a bonus 5 points. In the event of a tiebreaker, the winning team will receive a further bonus 5 points.

Each day will start as per my timezone (Currently BST - British Summer Time) at around 22:00 - 00:00, depending on my schedule. Anything submitted after 00:00 will not be counted, you have more than enough time to organise yourselves. I will use the last set of answers given to me as the final submission.

If you wish to get updates on the event (answers, etc.) then you will need to be on our PokéCommunity Discord Server. Once there, you will need to assign yourself the @Trivia role (by simply typing !addrole trivia in either #gt-general or your team chat) and then you'll never miss another update again!

AND FINALLY...

A few closing notes - in the spirit of the fairness, please try not to look up the answers! Use existing knowledge to answer these questions - we have tried to encompass all eras, ages and the such when coming up with these so that hopefully everyone can help!

Teamwork is key - talk to your team and talk to them lots! The more heads the better with this one, so utilise those team channels!

And most importantly...kick back, relax, and have fun!

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

DAY ONE - ????

So today is a small breather whilst you all recover from last night's celebrations on the red carpet. Use this time wisely, because after this you'll be straight into the thick of it! For moving forward, the event calendar will look like this:

July 6th - Books
    July 8th - TV
    July 10th - Music
    July 12th - Film
    July 14th - Sports
    July 16th - Music Song Quiz

Any questions just give me a shout, otherwise don't forget that Trivia role on the Discord server!

LEADERBOARD

Solum - 55
    Caelum - 0
    Aecor - 30

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

DAY ONE - TURN OVER A NEW PAGE

Today's theme will have you looking through reams of source material and scouring the libraries, for it's the Books round today! See below 12 questions covering all parts of the literary world, all you need to do is send the answers to me via Discord (Arcaneum#0823) but remember - you only get two chances, so make sure to work as a team!

Today's questions are:

Ash's Picks

Q. What were the boy's two pet mice called in Roald Dahl's The Witches? William and Mary
    Q. Which of Ian Fleming's James Bond novels is told from the perspective of another character? The Spy Who Loved Me
    Q. What is the name of the Luck Dragon in The NeverEnding Story? Falkor
    Q. In Stephen King's IT, what do the kids refer to themselves as? The Losers Club
    Q. In the Discworld series, what type of creature is the Unseen University's librarian? Orangutang
    Q. What is the name of the White Witch in The Chronicles of Narnia series? Jadis

Rabi's Picks

Q. How many fingers did J.R.R Tolkien use to type out the Lord of the Rings trilogy? Two
    Q. What fruit is featured in John Steinbeck's The _____ of Wrath? Grapes
    Q. What suit is the Queen in Alice in Wonderland? Hearts
    Q. What breed is the rabid dog in Stephen King's Cujo? St. Bernard
    Q. What is the full name of the detective that features in Murder on the Orient Express? Hercule Poirot
    Q. Ignoring the prequels, how many books does the Wheel of Time series comprise of? 14

Any questions just give me a shout, otherwise don't forget that @Trivia role on the Discord server!

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

DAY ONE ANSWERS

Ash's Picks

Q. What were the boy's two pet mice called in Roald Dahl's The Witches? William and Mary
    Q. Which of Ian Fleming's James Bond novels is told from the perspective of another character? The Spy Who Loved Me
    Q. What is the name of the Luck Dragon in The NeverEnding Story? Falkor
    Q. In Stephen King's IT, what do the kids refer to themselves as? The Losers Club
    Q. In the Discworld series, what type of creature is the Unseen University's librarian? Orangutan
    Q. What is the name of the White Witch in The Chronicles of Narnia series? Jadis

Rabi's Picks

Q. How many fingers did J.R.R Tolkien use to type out the Lord of the Rings trilogy? Two
    Q. What fruit is featured in John Steinbeck's The _____ of Wrath? Grapes
    Q. What suit is the Queen in Alice in Wonderland? Hearts
    Q. What breed is the rabid dog in Stephen King's Cujo? St. Bernard
    Q. What is the full name of the detective that features in Murder on the Orient Express? Hercule Poirot
    Q. Ignoring the prequels, how many books does the Wheel of Time series comprise of? 14

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

DAY TWO - CHANGIN' CHANNELS

Today's theme will have you binging series and flicking through 100 channels at a time, for it's the TV round today! See below 12 questions covering all parts of the television world, all you need to do is send the answers to me via Discord (Arcaneum#0823) but remember - you only get two chances, so make sure to work as a team!

Today's questions are:

Ash's Picks

Q. The first season of Stranger Things begins set in what year?
    Q. What is The Mandalorian's ship called?
    Q. In the animated series Recess, who is the leader of the pale kids?
    Q. What was Ross And Chandler's band called in Friends?
    Q. What was the name of the stake that Kendra Young gave Buffy Summers?
    Q. Who was the founder of The Torchwood Institute?

Rabi's Picks

Q. How many episodes in WandaVision have post-credit scenes?
    Q. What year did Star Trek: The Next Generation initially debut?
    Q. Which TV series features a reference to Superman in every episode?
    Q. Name the missing Teletubby: Tinky Winky, Dipsy, _______, Po
    Q. In Doctor Who, what number Doctor will be the next one?
    Q. What food item does Rick from Rick & Morty famously turn into?

Any questions just give me a shout, otherwise don't forget that @Trivia role on the Discord server!

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

DAY TWO ANSWERS

Ash's Picks

Q. The first season of Stranger Things begins set in what year? 1983
    Q. What is The Mandalorian's ship called? The Razor Crest
    Q. In the animated series Recess, who is the leader of the pale kids? Knarf (Formerly known as 'Tiny' Sedgewick)
    Q. What was Ross And Chandler's band called in Friends? Way, No Way
    Q. What was the name of the stake that Kendra Young gave Buffy Summers? Mister Pointy
    Q. Who was the founder of The Torchwood Institute? Queen Victoria

Rabi's Picks

Q. How many episodes in WandaVision have post-credit scenes? One
    Q. What year did Star Trek: The Next Generation initially debut? 1987
    Q. Which TV series features a reference to Superman in every episode? Seinfeld
    Q. Name the missing Teletubby: Tinky Winky, Dipsy, _______, Po. La-La
    Q. In Doctor Who, what number Doctor will be the next one? 14
    Q. What food item does Rick from Rick & Morty famously turn into? A pickle

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

DAY THREE - RIDING THE SOUNDWAVES

Today's theme will require heavy headphone usage as we surf the soundwaves and navigate the beats in the MUSIC round, all you need to do is send the answers to me via Discord (Arcaneum#0823) but remember - you only get two chances, so make sure to work as a team!

Today's questions are:

Ash's Picks

Q. What song has the most expensive music video of all time?
    Q. Other than English, which language has won the Eurovision Song Contest the most times?
    Q. What was the first name of the composer Puccini
    Q. On the radio edit of Daft Punk's Around the world, how many times is the title phrase repeated?
    Q. Madonna's first music video was for which song?
    Q. Which musician won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2016?

Rabi's Picks

Q. Who was the first woman ever inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
    Q. Who was the first lead guitarist of the band Metallica?
    Q. Jimi Hendrix has only had one Top 40 hit. What was it?
    Q. Which song did Paramore write for a film in the Twilight series?
    Q. What is the name of Tyler Joseph's solo album, recorded during his time at high school?
    Q. Out of the Violin, Viola, Cello and Double Bass, which instrument is the second smallest?

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

DAY THREE ANSWERS

Ash's Picks

Q. What song has the most expensive music video of all time? Scream by Michael & Janet Jackson
    Q. Other than English, which language has won the Eurovision Song Contest the most times? French
    Q. What was the first name of the composer Puccini? Giacomo
    Q. On the radio edit of Daft Punk's Around the world, how many times is the title phrase repeated? 80
    Q. Madonna's first music video was for which song? Everybody
    Q. Which musician won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2016? Bob Dylan

Rabi's Picks

Q. Who was the first woman ever inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Aretha Franklin
    Q. Who was the first lead guitarist of the band Metallica? Dave Mustaine
    Q. Jimi Hendrix has only had one Top 40 hit. What was it? All Along the Watchtower
    Q. Which song did Paramore write for a film in the Twilight series? Decode
    Q. What is the name of Tyler Joseph's solo album, recorded during his time at high school? No Phun Intended
    Q. Out of the Violin, Viola, Cello and Double Bass, which instrument is the second smallest? Viola

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

DAY FOUR - MAKE SURE TO CATCH IT ON REEL!

Today's theme are for the moguls out there and for whoever has a penchant for that overpriced cinema popcorn, as it's our FILM segment today! You know the drill, send those answers to me on Discord (Arcaneum#0823).

Today's questions are:

Ash's Picks

Q. What is the surname of Seymour in Little Shop of Horrors?
    Q. In Tangled, how long does the celebration for the return of the lost Princess last?
    Q. What hotel is the main focus of The Shining?
    Q. Dooley Wilson who played the pianist Sam in Casablanca couldn't play the piano. What instrument was he actually famous for?
    Q. In the MCU, what was the name of Nick Fury's first pet?
    Q. What is the common link between Batman, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Weird Science?

Rabi's Picks

Q. Zootopia was one name for this film, what was the name for the same film in the UK?
    Q. How many days was the film Saw filmed in?
    Q. What are the names of the three Fairy Godmothers in Sleeping Beauty?
    Q. What is the longest film ever made?
    Q. What deadly material is used to simulate snow in The Wizard of Oz (1939)?
    Q. Which actor plays a pivotal role in both Jurassic Park and The Fly?

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

DAY FOUR ANSWERS

Ash's Picks

Q. What is the surname of Seymour in Little Shop of Horrors? Krelborn
    Q. In Tangled, how long does the celebration for the return of the lost Princess last? 1 week.
    Q. What hotel is the main focus of The Shining? The Overlook Hotel.
    Q. Dooley Wilson who played the pianist Sam in Casablanca couldn't play the piano. What instrument was he actually famous for? Drums.
    Q. In the MCU, what was the name of Nick Fury's first pet? Mr. Snoofers.
    Q. What is the common link between Batman, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Weird Science? Danny Elfman.

Rabi's Picks

Q. Zootopia was one name for this film, what was the name for the same film in the UK? Zootropolis.
    Q. How many days was the film Saw filmed in? 18.
    Q. What are the names of the three Fairy Godmothers in Sleeping Beauty? Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Q. What is the longest film ever made? Logistics, totalling 857 hours.
    Q. What deadly material is used to simulate snow in The Wizard of Oz (1939)? Asbestos.
    Q. Which actor plays a pivotal role in both Jurassic Park and The Fly? Jeff Goldblum.

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

DAY FIVE - IT'S A GOOOOAAAALLLLL!

Sports junkies it's your time to shine, as we approach the SPORTS segment of our E&M Trivia! Answers as usual to Discord (Arcaneum#0823) please and thank you!

Today's questions are:

Ash's Picks

Q. Who was the youngest ever Formula One world champion?
    Q. Which country is Novak Djokovic from?
    Q. Who became the first two-time WWE Grand Slam Champion?
    Q. What is the name of the vehicle that follows a cycling race to pick up stragglers or abandoned riders?
    Q. How many professional golf majors has Tiger Woods won?
    Q. Who was the first gymnast in Olympic history to score a perfect 10?

Rabi's Picks

Q. Who was the last team that Formula 1 driver Eddie Irvine raced under?
    Q. Which team currently has the most NBA Championship titles?
    Q. Which English football player never received a yellow card throughout their career?
    Q. In golf, what does an 'Albatross' refer to?
    Q. Which country has hosted the most (Summer & Winter combined) Olympics?
    Q. Assuming you are going from the bullseye, how many points is the first blue ring worth on an Archery target?

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

DAY FIVE ANSWERS

Today's answers are:

Ash's Picks

Q. Who was the youngest ever Formula One world champion? Sebastian Vettel
    Q. Which country is Novak Djokovic from? Serbia
    Q. Who became the first two-time WWE Grand Slam Champion? The Miz
    Q. What is the name of the vehicle that follows a cycling race to pick up stragglers or abandoned riders? The Broom Wagon
    Q. How many professional golf majors has Tiger Woods won? 15
    Q. Who was the first gymnast in Olympic history to score a perfect 10? Nadia Comaneci

Rabi's Picks

Q. Who was the last team that Formula 1 driver Eddie Irvine raced under? Jaguar
    Q. Which team currently has the most NBA Championship titles? LA Lakers
    Q. Which English football player never received a yellow card throughout their career? Gary Lineker
    Q. In golf, what does an 'Albatross' refer to? 3 shots below par
    Q. Which country has hosted the most (Summer & Winter combined) Olympics? USA
    Q. Assuming you are going from the bullseye, how many points is the first blue ring worth on an Archery target? 6

Last edited:
    Years
  • E & M TRIVIA

FINAL ROUND - NEW MUSIC... SATURDAY?????

That's right folks, unfortunately the show must end at some point and that's with today's second MUSIC round! This time, you will have some segments from some popular songs. All you need to do is tell me the artist/band and the song name.

As usual, submissions to me via Discord - you get one shot and then one chance of redemption, don't waste them!

Today's Songs

Song 1 - Janet Jackson - Together Again (Released 1997)

Song 2 - TLC - Waterfalls (Released 1994)

Song 3 - Spice Girls - Wannabe (Released 1996)

Song 4 - Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me (Released 1998)

Song 5 - Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (Released 1999)

Song 6 - Kris Kross - Jump (Released 1992)

Song 7 - Roxette - It Must've Been Love (Released 1990)

Song 8 - Linkin Park - In The End (Released 2001)

Song 9 - Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Released 2004)

Song 10 - The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell (Released 2008)

Song 11 - Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Released 2003)

Song 12 - Mariah Carey - Dreamlover (Released 1993)

Common theme - All Top 10 hits in the Billboard Top 100

Last edited:
    Years

• E & M TRIVIA

THE AFTER-PARTY

So now we've got all those stuffy awards ceremonies out of the way and whatnot, it's the part we've all been waiting for - the after-party! Throw those designer outfits in the bin, get your gladrags on and let's boogie on down to those songs from Day 6!

What this actually means is the Entertainment & Media Trivia is now over! Thank you everyone for participating and I'm glad that, for its first iteration, it's turned out as well as it has. I hope you'll join us for the next one!

Myself and Ash Ketchup have been your hosts for the fortnight and now we bid you both thank you and adieu!

Here's a toast to our winners... Team Solum! With a clutch 5 point victory over Team Aecor, does this feel even better than I thought it would? Yes!

Here's the scores below:

FINAL SCORES

Solum - 325 Points
    Aecor - 320 Points
    Caelum - 130 Points

Last edited:
    Back