• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EV glitch? [Solved! Not a glitch]

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I recently completed another playthrough of HGSS and used berries to reset the EVs of one of my Pokémon in order to properly EV train it. After maxing out two stats, I used one more berry on each and gave those stats two 7 more EVs, which should've made them 252 each, and gave the remaining 6 to another stat. However, when double-checking the EVs, I realized that I must've done something wrong since I was still gaining EVs (both with vitamins and against wild Pokémon). I was pretty confident that I had battled enough Pokémon, more than enough really, but I tried again.

Same thing. Nearly 300 EVs. Gone.

Does anyone know what's happening here? Are the berries reducing my EVs by more than 10 or is there some other glitch at play?

(IDK if it makes a difference, but I already had the Effort Ribbon before I reset the EVs.)

- - -

EDIT: Posted here since a quick Google search wasn't wielding any results, but I got my answer after hopping on the Glitch City Discord. It turns out that EV-reducing berries in Gen IV reset EVs to 100 if that stat has over 100 EVs, which is actually mentioned on sites like Bulbapedia and Serebii if you look in the right place. If I'd ever known, I'd completely forgotten!

Last edited:
    Back