• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Event Organiser Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Event Organiser
    Info Thread

Hey Event Organisers and welcome to Get-Together 2022!

In this thread will be some information for those who are new to the Get-Together and organising events for it. We'll tackle some potential issues/questions you may have and detail a few things about the event itself in our FAQ below, so hopefully coming up with your event goes as smoothly as it can.

FAQs

I've just woken up and found myself in this section, where am I?

For those new to the Get-Together and/or hosting their first event, this is the place where you will be creating your event in detail and sprucing it up, ready to be displayed as a fully-fledged event when we start the Get-Together! Your events, once completed, will be posted into the Get-Together Stage, where the events will officially take place.

Feel free to post whatever is required, however we do ask that as much information about the event, how it works and the such is included in it, to make our lives a bit easier! If you're super stuck, as an EO veteran myself (along with all of the Management team), we will be more than happy to help you with any questions!

How long is the Get-Together?

The Get-Together runs for approximately two weeks. This year's GT will be running from October 9th - October 23rd.

Does my event need to run throughout the whole thing?

No! Your event can run, within reason, when you want it to. If you want it to run daily (so like Video Games Trivia, Who's That Pokémon etc.) or over the whole 2 weeks (like Cutest Profile Challenge, Arcade, etc.) then it's entirely up to you, just make sure to specify in your event post.

Can my Event be hosted on the Discord server?

Yes! If you wish to use the Discord server, just let us know if your event will utilise the Discord server and require a role (for example, @Jackbox for the Jackbox event) to ping people and we will get this organised for you. The event will also have a hub on the Discord server, with a channel for each team as well as places to post event updates and the such, so if you need to use it, let us know!

That said, you can run it on just Discord, or just the forums, or both! Again, just specify what you will require so we know if it can feasibly be done.

So my Event requires multiple hosts (judges, etc.), how do I go about this?

So some events will require more than one host to run, and that's ok! If you haven't already organised this, just post in the thread if you need some and generally other EOs will fill the spots. If however that doesn't look like that's the case, or you have specific people in mind to co-host with you, that's ok too! As long as they are specified within the post, let one of the GT Management Team know and we can then add that person to this forum section (and #event-organisers channel on Discord), so you can all plan together etc.

What determines if an Event is OK or not?

That will be us in GT Management! We'll have a baseline of criteria to determine if anything needs changing, which will include things such as:

- Does the event seem feasible in its timeframe (for example, having someone answer 10 questions a day is OK, having them answer 100 a day is not).
    - Does the event look like something people will want to partake in (for example, hosting an event for a popular game such as Smash Bros. or Mario Kart will be OK, hosting an event for an obscure game such as Devil Dice will not be OK).
    - Is the event accessible for users (for example, an event that requires users to get very specific programs will not be suitable, whereas something that can be easily accessed via a browser etc. will be OK).
    - How will points be distributed for the event and does this tally up with things such as the duration/difficulty/complexity of the event.

Throughout the next 2 weeks or so we will then poke you to advise if changes need to be made and if all is well, the event is then fixed to a point it can go ahead!

Points? People expect prizes for this?! How do they work?!

Fear not, we've mostly done the hard work here for you, this is mostly making sure that your event will contribute to the global cause, which is teams earning points to win. In terms of assigning points to your events, we've set a guideline below of generally what we'd go for, however feel free to use something different as long as you can sufficiently explain why it is being used.

Daily Games/Short Events:
    Participation Points: 10 Points per person
    Miscellaneous: If you wish, you can add a small amount of points for a 1st/2nd/3rd (for example, in Pictionary you could do a further 15/10/5 point bonus for whoever places 1st/2nd/3rd that session, or something for the overall winners).

Long Events:
    1st Place: 100 Points
    2nd Place: 50 Points
    3rd Place: 25 Points
    Participation: Either 5 Points or at EO's discretion

This year, we are also deciding to implement Achievements into the Get-Together. These will be conditions that once met, will score whichever team gets them first some bonus points. Think of it as a small way that people who may not think they're the best at events can still contribute towards the effort! This is something that you don't HAVE to do and we may as Management look at an event and discuss one with you that we think could fit. If you're still unsure, here are some examples below:

- Having X no. of participants in an event (either say 5 points for every event this is in OR a larger amount but can only be redeemed once).
    - Maintaining 1st place in an event for the longest (for things like Arcade etc. where leaderboards can change).
    - Having at least 2/3 of the top 3 in a team over X events.

Again, not mandatory but a little twist we'd thought we would put in and therefore maybe something that could be introduced into your events.

If you're stuck on what qualifies for the above, we're more than happy to help, just pose the question in your post and a member of GT Management will get back to you.

This concludes the Event Organiser Info Thread, anything else I've missed just message one of the GT Management Team (we'll show up at the top of the section).

Years
  • Hi EOs!

Just wanted to say something regarding our Achievements for this year's GT.

So we've received quite a few in the events so far and to be honest, way more than I was initially expecting, so awesome stuff! With that in mind, myself and gimmepie will be reviewing these before the events go live, just to make sure that we don't make the points explode by virtue of having so many Achievements in the events.

What this means is we may change their point values, amount of Achievements and other things as necessary. We'll be trying to do so with as little impact on your event and we'll pose these ideas to you, so we can amend them and make sure they fit in your event correctly still.

Just shout if there's any queries!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back