• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Failed My First Nuzlocke (Advice Appreciated)

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2023
    Just less than 10 minutes ago from writing this, I failed my first serious Nuzlocke attemt. It was a Black Version Nuzloke, and I had significantly underestimated the strength of Burgh's Leavanny. I did a serious misplay, causing my only hope of winning the fight (my Herdier) to faint, with the rest of my party doing little more than ~12% before each going down to Razor Leaf. As I start my second attempt, is there any advice you can give me? I think if I keep my Drilbur alive this time I can do a lot better but any strategies or tips for the early-mid game would be greatly appriciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • It depends on what rules are you following during your run. If you can use items, don't underestimate X items. I think you can get X items in Nacrene City. Getting +6 in defenses usually means that nothing will kill your Pokémon in that one battle. Also plan the whole battle forward. If you know you can handle previous Burgh's Pokémon, set up on them.

Don't forget on status and set up moves (Work up, Calm Mind, Swords Dance...) . Inflicting status condition can help you either set up or heal more safely. Even stuff like Growl or Tail Whip can make a difference in a chance of your Pokémon die/you land a finishing blow.

Burgh is one of the first harder trainers you have to face. But his Leavanny has two 4x weaknesses - against Fire and Flying-type moves. So make sure to exploit these two weaknesses too.

Good luck.

Back