• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fake? Chinese/Japanese cards!?

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
  • I've encountered these Pokemon cards which are in either Japanese or Chinese (I don't no which language) but these cards are strange & I have a couple of these cards & I was wondering if anyone knows about these cards. Here are some of the card descriptions that I can read. (Pictures will be up soon):

Arbok - 125 HP (Grass)

Move 1 : (Can not read) (2 grass energies)

Poison Fang: Flip a coin, if heads the defending Pokemon is now poisoned. (50 Damage) (2 grass & 1 normal/colorless energies).

Weakness: Psychic, Resistance: None, Retreat Cost: Two

Illus. Keiji Kinebuchi 1995.96.98 Nintendo.Creatures,GAMEFREAK 2006-2007 Wizards.PM-673 (Uncommon) LV. 27
    --------------------------------
    Latios 100 HP (Normal/Colorless)

Luster Purge: (Can not read) (50 damage) (Two colorless energies)

Move 2: (Can not read) (PokeBody)

Weakness: Electric, Resistance: Fighting, Retreat Cost: one

Illus.Mitsuhiro Arita 1995.96.98 Nintendo.Creatures,GAMEFREAK 2006-2007 Wizards.PM-421 (Uncommon) LV. 48
    -------------------------------------
    I am back with some more Pokemon Cards & Pictures!

Palkia 22800 HP (Water)

(Three Water Energies & 1 Colorless Energy) PokePower - Can not read - 900 damage!

(Three Water Energies & again 1 Colorless Energy) Move 2 - Can not read - 2600 damage!!

Weakness: Electric, Resistance: Fire -130!, Retreat Cost: 1

Illus.Keiji Kincbuchi 1995.96.98.99Nintendo.Creatures,GAMEFREAK 2008-2009 Wizards. 031/051 (Uncommon) LV: ?
    --------------------------
    Now for the ultimate Weapon!

SHINY NIDOKING!!! 79054830 HP!!!!! (Grass)

(Two Colorless Energies & 1 Grass Energy) Move 1 - Can Not Read - 7930 + Damage!!!

(Four Grass Energies) Move 2 - Can Not Read - 5820 Damage!!
    ------------------------
    These Pokemon do an incredible amount of damage! No one could beat that (except Mewtwo Lv X when against Palkia & Latios) So I am now going to show you some pictures of them! ;)
    (Pictures in my album on my userpage & click on Pokemon Cards)
    So please comment & tell me what you think about this! :)

Obtained cards?

I got the Latios & Arbok from my best friend & the other two I got from another friend.

Last edited:

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • Thats what I noticed since they don't use Wizards of the coasts' style anymore but could it be that Wizards of the Coast is making Pokemon cards in A different country? And another question is were do people get these cards because another person in my class last year had those type of cards. He had a Seaking & a Ninetails.

Years
  • People probably get them from various stores in various Chinatowns.

Do you have pictures of them? I'm curious to see them.

And who told you that, jvpski3? There are certainly legitimate vending machine cards in Japan. Heck, there were a couple sets of vending machine exclusive cards back in the late 1990s and early 2000s in Japan.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • People probably get them from various stores in various Chinatowns.

Do you have pictures of them? I'm curious to see them.

And who told you that, jvpski3? There are certainly legitimate vending machine cards in Japan. Heck, there were a couple sets of vending machine exclusive cards back in the late 1990s and early 2000s in Japan.

Yes, I do! I will post them up as soon as I can! ;)

@donavannj I've uploaded pictures of the cards if you want to see, just go to my userpage (AquaticWartortle) & go to my albums, and finally go to Pokemon Cards & you will see the pictures of them in my album! ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yes, I do! I will post them up as soon as I can! ;)

@donavannj I've uploaded pictures of the cards if you want to see, just go to my userpage (AquaticWartortle) & go to my albums, and finally go to Pokemon Cards & you will see the pictures of them in my album! ;)

Oh those are definitely fake, and, though I'm no expert on eastern written languages, I do believe that is Chinese text on the cards.

Back