• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Fake" shiny scolipede (B2)

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I began to play B2 again a few days ago. The very second pokemon I caught was a level 8 (I believe) venipede on route 20. It ended up getting me through multiple gyms. Anyways, shortly after clay I went through the relic passage in hopes of getting volcarona, the final addition to my (poorly) planned team. While in the relic castle, it finally evolved into scolipede.
    Afterwards, I tested out volcarona a bit, made a failed attempt at chargestone cave, and checked the hidden grottos. Overall, I do not believe I used scolipede beyond a single rotation battle.
    I ended up wandering around in the castelia sewers, where, on some random zubat, I saw the shiny animation from my scolipede.
    I had never seen it from this scolipede prior, and it had the standard purple colors, rather than the red and green of a shiny. I ran from the battle, encountered another pokemon, and saw it happen again. I then went and tried at trainer, and saw it again.
    What is this? A glitch? Something else?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I began to play B2 again a few days ago. The very second pokemon I caught was a level 8 (I believe) venipede on route 20. It ended up getting me through multiple gyms. Anyways, shortly after clay I went through the relic passage in hopes of getting volcarona, the final addition to my (poorly) planned team. While in the relic castle, it finally evolved into scolipede.
    Afterwards, I tested out volcarona a bit, made a failed attempt at chargestone cave, and checked the hidden grottos. Overall, I do not believe I used scolipede beyond a single rotation battle.
    I ended up wandering around in the castelia sewers, where, on some random zubat, I saw the shiny animation from my scolipede.
    I had never seen it from this scolipede prior, and it had the standard purple colors, rather than the red and green of a shiny. I ran from the battle, encountered another pokemon, and saw it happen again. I then went and tried at trainer, and saw it again.
    What is this? A glitch? Something else?
    PokerStars Studios in Black 2 may give your Pokémon a shooting star battle effect.

Does it look like this under the PokeStar category? https://www.serebii.net/games/entryanimation.shtml

Back