• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Feebas

In RSE, Feebas was incredibly difficult to fish out. It was only available when fishing on a select few set of tiles on Route 119 and often took a long time for people to locate, if they did at all. In ORAS they fortunately changed this to be a 5% overall fish rate when fishing in any spot on Route 119 and using any rod. There were also certain spots in ORAS you could fish during specific times of the day that could turn this into a 100% catch rate - much easier than the games' predecessors.

Did you ever manage to fish out a Feebas in RSE?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I actually learned a technique that makes it much easier to get Feeas and that's to fish on every single tile starting from the top of the map and fish a total of ten times on any given tile. My first attempt to find Feebas took three hours, but I did it, and that was an experience. However, in Emerald, I found a Feebas in five minutes because I got an early tile.

But, yeah, I have. I actually caught multiple for the purpose of trying to get Milotic.

Definitely annoying, though. I'll never do it in Generation 4 since they change daily, but in generation 3 the tiles stay the same unless you change your trendy phrase.

Years
    I never caught it in on my original Sapphire save. I knew how to get it, but never really tried getting it, because I had no one to trade with, so I couldn't get Milotic anyway. I got it in ORAS tho, so at least that counts.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
    If I ever played through gen 3 all the way, I almost definitely would have gotten one, but uh, I've still never played through the originals. I have caught one in gen 4 though.

Years
    I am doing a character challenge in Pokémon Emerald and I am using Wallace's team. I discussed about it in the post in the travel Journals.
    So, I'll just repeat what I said:

Maybe it was the moment and how exciting this kind of game has been for me till this moment, but I actually found it a pretty nice idea how Feebas must be caught. Basically, Feebas spawns only in 3 or 6 tiles in the water randomly and to get it, you need the good rod. The tiles are indeed a lot and it requires some patience. Moreover, there's only 50% chance for it to spawn in the tile, so maybe you found the tile but you were unlucky. I decided to go tile by tile and in case I didn't find anything, I'd had restarted over. After some time and about less than half tiles checked, I found Feebas. Catching it was literal pain because I was unlucky with the level, but especially with natures. After all the work to find the tile, I wanted at least a good nature! I went for the one +def -spe. The reason is that Milotic has a nice sp def and a lower defense and it's not fast. Moreover, Wallace's Milotic is more suited to get in battle take the hit and use toxic. He doesn't really use it this way, which is really interesting because I want to use his team better than him lol. Anyway, despite all odds and the fact that it's a crazy method to find a pokemon, it was actually cool and I had a lot of fun. It really gave me the vibe of "a strong rare pokemon and you have to work to get it" and I like it.

Back