• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] FF14 Glamour Comp

Years
  • THE EVENT

Same as before, this event basically is a competition where you dress up in Glamour, items in FF14 that essentially replace your armour with different looks etc. The aim of the game is to create something fitting the theme as best as you can!

This will run throughout the whole GT to give players time to prepare and such (i.e. grinding for certain things if they want).

CHANGES TO THE EVENT

So last year, and something that was brought up here this time, is accessibility i.e. players that are towards endgame basically are the only ones that can play and such, or the themes were a little too constricting. As a result, I'm opening the theme to a broad one of Cosplay this year so that players of all accounts and such can essentially put something together. Whether that be Alice in Wonderland, a big bad dragon or just a cute little sorcerer is on the participants!

Same as ACNH, we'll go 5 per participant and 100/50/25 for 1st/2nd/3rd.

ACHIEVEMENTS

Unsure on this one at the moment!

Years
  • Am going to still go ahead with this, but with the feedback from last year in mind, I'm going to drop the points down to I think 50/25/10 for 1st/2nd/3rd so it's not as much of a sway as it could be.

Years
  • FFXIV Glamour Contest

MSQ tiring you out? Raids becoming a nightmare because your Healers are always trying to out-DPS you? Need a break from your awful retainers? Look no further than this fun FFXIV Glamour Contest!

That's right, in this event rather than slaying great bosses or raiding huge dungeons, your task is coming up with most bedazzling outfit that Eorzea has laid eyes on! Or spooky, or cute or even outright weird and wonderful.

For this year's theme, we're going to be keeping it simple. We're in the spooky month so... what better theme than...

Halloween Costumes!

That's right, all you need to do is put together an outfit that your character would wear if they were, say, trick-or-treating! You can stick to a traditional Halloween costume, or perhaps an advanced and meticulous cosplay, or if you want to, just find some good armour and go for an edgy look! NB - GShade and other shaders can be used to improve shadows and such if you so with to use them, they will not hold a huge sway when it comes to the decision-making so should not be a hugely unfair advantage.

Points will be as follows:

• Participating in the Event - 5 Points
    • 3rd Place - 10 Points
    • 2nd Place - 25 Points
    • 1st Place - 50 Points

We'll also have some Achievements this year for anyone willing to compete for them! As well as placing 1st/2nd/3rd, participants can also try to earn the following Achievements:

• Cutest Outfit - 10 Points
    • Most Realistic Outfit - 10 Points
    • Scariest Outfit - 10 Points

I will not be judging based solely on how much, how rare or how expensive your glamour was. If it looks good, I'll be rating it highly and that's that! This is to ensure that the event is as accessible as possible, by trying to accommodate players at all points of their FFXIV playthrough!

Need some inspiration? See some outfits below from our winners last year:

PM your submissions (can be more than one image if you so desire!) either on here or on Discord (Arcaneum#0823).

Back