• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] FFXIV Glamour Contest (MOVED)

Years
  • So essentially the same as Tyler's ACNH Design Competition, I'll be hosting a competition where users have the two weeks to come up with a Glamour (outfit) to fit a theme.

Points - It's longform so 300/200/100 for 1st/2nd/3rd, I am unsure on 50 for participation right now, so looking for advice on that.

Theme - I am not 100% sure what is accessible and available nowadays, so I am unsure if having themed similar to the ACNH event will work (matching team colours/themes of Earth/Ocean/Sky). If it won't I was going to just choose 'Summer' as the theme as it's a very broad one to cover and fits in with the time of year here.

Criteria - Obviously how close they've stuck to the theme is a major one. Complexity of the outfit (is it just one colour for all, is it a complex palette etc.), how well it suits the character and such. Again more pointers here welcomed.

Years
  • i'd actually advise against a seasonal theme, because you can really just buy seasonal stuff in the ffxiv store and have it fit the theme like a glove. granted, it'd be a cop-out way to do it, but i mean... doesn't mean it would be against the rules.

my personal advice would be to stick with the earth/sea/sky theme. that's broad enough to give enough leeway to experiment more with colours, than outfits (although one can still play around with all sorts of different outfits). that way, you're more than likely to get creative entries worth judging, but that's my 002c

let me know if you have any questions and whatnot~

Last edited:
    Years
  • i'd actually advise against a seasonal theme, because you can really just buy seasonal stuff in the ffxiv store and have it fit the theme like a glove. granted, it'd be a cop-out way to do it, but i mean... doesn't mean it would be against the rules.

my personal advice would be to stick with the earth/sea/sky theme. that's broad enough to give enough leeway to experiment more with colours, than outfits (although one can still play around with all sorts of different outfits). that way, you're more than likely to get creative entries worth judging, but that's my 002c

let me know if you have any questions and whatnot~

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks. I've been out of the Glamour game a while so was uncertain how it all operated nowadays. If the EOS theme looks to be potentially easier then I will stick to that and it harmonises well with ACNH then.

Years
  • FFXIV Glamour Contest

Even a Warrior of Light deserves a break every now and then... so here's the perfect opportunity to take some time away from your 900th Extreme Leviathan run or crafting your millionth item for some a little more fun - a Glamour contest!

That's right, in this event rather than slaying great bosses or raiding huge dungeons, your task is coming up with most bedazzling outfit that Eorzea has laid eyes on!

For this event's theme, we're going to be keeping it simple. You simply need to stick to the colour of your Team. For reference, these are:

Aecor - Reds and Pinks
    Caelum - Blues and Greys
    Solum - Greens and Browns

Points will be as follows:

• Participating in the Event - 50 Points
    • 3rd Place - 100 Points
    • 2nd Place - 200 Points
    • 1st Place - 300 Points

Stuck for inspiration? See these examples below (and even more if you click here - thank you Erica/Sammi/Fafrir/Angie for these!):

Please send all submissions to myself either via DM on here or on Discord (Arcaneum#0823). Otherwise, good luck Warriors and may the best outfit win!

Last edited:
    Back