• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed FFXIV Halloween Extravaganza

Years
  • FFXIV Glamour Contest

MSQ tiring you out? Raids becoming a nightmare because your Healers are always trying to out-DPS you? Need a break from your awful retainers? Look no further than this fun FFXIV Glamour Contest!

That's right, in this event rather than slaying great bosses or raiding huge dungeons, your task is coming up with most bedazzling outfit that Eorzea has laid eyes on! Or spooky, or cute or even outright weird and wonderful.

For this year's theme, we're going to be keeping it simple. We're in the spooky month so... what better theme than...

Halloween Costumes!

That's right, all you need to do is put together an outfit that your character would wear if they were, say, trick-or-treating! You can stick to a traditional Halloween costume, or perhaps an advanced and meticulous cosplay, or if you want to, just find some good armour and go for an edgy look! NB - GShade and other shaders can be used to improve shadows and such if you so with to use them, they will not hold a huge sway when it comes to the decision-making so should not be a hugely unfair advantage.

Points will be as follows:

• Participating in the Event - 5 Points
    • 3rd Place - 10 Points
    • 2nd Place - 25 Points
    • 1st Place - 50 Points

We'll also have some Achievements this year for anyone willing to compete for them! As well as placing 1st/2nd/3rd, participants can also try to earn the following Achievements:

• Cutest Outfit - 10 Points
    • Most Realistic Outfit - 10 Points
    • Scariest Outfit - 10 Points

I will not be judging based solely on how much, how rare or how expensive your glamour was. If it looks good, I'll be rating it highly and that's that! This is to ensure that the event is as accessible as possible, by trying to accommodate players at all points of their FFXIV playthrough!

Need some inspiration? See some outfits below from our winners last year:

PM your submissions (can be more than one image if you so desire!) either on here or on Discord (Arcaneum#0823).

Years
  • FFXIV Glamour Contest - Judging

So we've reached the end of the GT almost and that means it's judging time! We've had some fantastic entries this year, it's been somewhat hard to pick even one winner, let alone three AND rank 'em! Just a reminder the points at stake are:

Points will be as follows:

• Participating in the Event - 5 Points
    • 3rd Place - 10 Points
    • 2nd Place - 25 Points
    • 1st Place - 50 Points

We also have some Achievements this year which are the following:

• Cutest Outfit - 10 Points
    • Edgiest Outfit - 10 Points
    • Scariest Outfit - 10 Points

Here are our entrants and my thoughts on their looks! To advise, if multiple images have been picked I've picked one main one to judge one, with comments from any others included.

1. Tara/Alisaie

This is a really cute look! I love this idea of a little swamp witch and her froggy friends, rambling about on their magical misadventures! We've got those typical witchy-y features in the big sweeping pointy hat, flowing robes and of course the magical tome, but also the note of detail in things like a frog familiar and swaying away from the typical Halloween colours to add some originality to the look is amazing! Really loved this one, top work bestie!

Bonus images:
    Spoiler:

2. ElectricViolet

Oho, this is a powerful look! A really dark take on a druid/shaman, this is incredible! I love all the animalistic details put in - the tail, the wolf-like headpiece and the crazy hair really help tie this look together. Of course a character like this isn't complete with an ornate staff of sorts and I'm digging the colour scheme of purple and gold. The photo with the evil aura is just outright terrifying, definitely got that "Primal Entity About To Eat My Face" vibe. A marvellous entry!

Bonus images:
    Spoiler:

3. Lozz

Well this is FUN! Although the costume itself is one the plainer side, it ticks all the boxes and it does so well! Pumpkins on the hat and neck piece, the frills and bows and the gloves really lend a very "Costume" energy to this! The reactions dotted around the image are hilarious and really hone that campy/silly vibe, like a proper Halloween party costume should! The filter is great too and the addition of a character being confused again just really brings that joke-y energy out.

4. Sammi

Our reigning champion comes in absolutely killing it!!! Well, not that she would be doing any such thing as a nun but... wow! Such a beautifully put together look - I love the monochromatic colour scheme and how despite most of the outif being black, the pops of white and grey here and there really add so much depth to everything. Perfect choice of location too - the shot with the huge cathedral behind it is gorgeous and really helps set the more serious tone of this outfit. Fantastico!

Bonus images:
    Spoiler:

5. Erica

Another big contender from last year, Erica is pulling no punches this year! I think I'm cutting myself on all this edge to be honest; amazing colour scheme to bring an almost hellish/brimstone look to it all to compliment the focal point being the weapon here. The choice of expression and the spatterings of pink in the outfit soften the edginess a little and create this super look full of attitude. This is Bayonetta if she were a FFXIV character to be honest and again the setting really just highlights this 'badass' feel to the outfit. Nice work!

Bonus images:
    Spoiler:

6. Fafrir

IT'S GOT A BIG SWORD IT'S BADASS IT'S EDGY. OMG! Straight out of Daedric hell comes Fafrir in this unapologetic devil cosplay. REALLY well-executed look on a very central Halloween/scary theme! We've got a big red and purple sword, we've got massive horns, we've got devil's wings, it's red, it's ornate, it's spiky it's just amazing! The setting of a creepy altar just nails the look.

Bonus images:
    Spoiler:

After some consideration, our winners for the event are (and no this isn't because of who they are!!!!):

1st Place - Fafrir
    2nd Place - Tara
    3rd Place - Erica​

Congratulations to the three of you and well done on the points for your team! Now in terms of Achievements...

Cutest Outfit - Tara/Alisaie
    Edgiest Outfit - Fafrir
    Scariest Outfit - ElectricViolet​

Thank you everyone for taking part and as always, I hope you've enjoyed it! Feedback always appreciated!

Back