• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire red team and movesets

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hi everybody,
    A couple of days ago i started to play Pokemon Fire Red on an Emulator, using a ROM that was modified so that you can get Pokemon like Machamp by leveling up.
    I've just finished the S.S. Anne, and I thought a little bit about what my team should look like in the end.
    I came up with this:

1. Charizard (Starter)
    2. Gyarados or Lapras
    3. Machamp
    4. Raichu or Zapdos or Jolteon
    5. Alakazam
    6. Nidoking

I already have a Nidoking and a Pikachu, Charizard is currently a Charmeleon and I bought the Magikarp from that dude in the Pokecenter and brought it to the daycare guy (was that stupid?).

Do you have any other suggestions for Pokemon or Movesets?
    Which Pokemon is a good HM Slave?

Thank you!
    BladeofPeace

(English is not my mother language so I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes)

Years
    Nidoking and Nidoqueen can learn surf, cut, rock smash, and strength so they make good HM slaves. Also I recommend Lapras over gyarados because the lack of a physical/special split means all water type attacks will only be special, so that works in Lapras' favor more than Gyarados'. Lapras is obtained at level 25 with a decent move pool compared to Gyarados starting off with Magikarp's moveset.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Keep in mind that Gyarados, Lapras and Zapdos have a slow groth rate. That means they need a lot more EXP than the others. At least Zapdos makes up for it by being level 50 which is pretty high for the endgame. Gyarados makes for a decent HM user as it gets Strength as well as pretty much all the Water type HMs. Although, you usually don't need to worry too much about HMs; at least not during the main game.

You only need Cut twice and can do without Flash (you only use it for Rock Tunnel). Meanwhile the other three are still useful during the main game as regular attacking moves. Arguably, you can even skip Fly as its only there for convenience.

Back