• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flash card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo1234

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Well, I got a gift card from Best Buy and saw this-

bestbuy. (Remove the spaces) com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8040979&productCategoryId=pcmcat45400050010&type=product&id=1157068274263

And I saw that it says "Play Shareware Games", and I wondered- Could I use this to play my DS ROMS on?
    Or should I try to sell my gift card for cash, and look for something else?

Also- Are there any DS Flash cards that are just the Card, and don't require a GBA-styleish cart?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    That's more like a file-viewer, you can't play your DS roms with it.

You'd need a PassKey(Card) and a GBA-Cart styled container for your FlashCard, so that you can actually get your DS to load the games.
    A system that comes with a PassKey and the required GBA-style adapter is called "M3", you should find a shop that sells it via Google, if you combine it with the words "Flash Card".

The Passkey comes in the form of a DS game module, and is inserted in the DS slot. This allows your DS to actually boot the games from your FlashCard, that you place in the GBA adapter and in the GBA slot.

Ryo1234

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, I've seen the M3s before, but I havn't had money. And since I saw this at Best Buy, I'd figure I might want to jump on it while I have the gift card if it works. But, eh.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to just get some money and order a M3 online.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back