• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Forum Games & Pokémon Trivia Spotlight

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    This would be a Daily game where I pick a thread from either the Forum Games or Pokémon Trivia forums to spotlight, featuring them here. Players then would play that spotlighted thread's game for a maximum of 10 points (1 per post), post the links here, and earn those points. On the last two days, I'd feature two games, one from each section, just for a climatic ending

For achievements, I'm thinking:
    • Have a member of a team participate in all of the games (10 points)
    • Have 4 members of a team get all 10 points for 4 days in a row (10 points)
    • Have a member of a team with the top score above all (10 points)

Forum Games & Pokémon Trivia
    Spotlight

Current Game:
    NONE

WHAT IS THIS?
    Welcome to the Forum Game & Pokémon Trivia Spotlight!
    Each day, this thread will feature a game from either the Forum Games or the Pokémon Trivia sections. Both have fun games that you can play while also being rewarded for it!

HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
    • Each day, a thread from either Forum Games or Pokémon Trivia will be spotlighted, shown at the very top of this thread. You won't miss it.
    • Simply post participating in the day's spotlighted forum game. As proof, reply to this thread with a link to the post(s) you made in said game. This means you'll be posting in the game threads and this thread as well.
    • I'll keep track of how many times everyone submitted their posts here. Each post in a thread is worth 1 point, which can add up to a maximum of 10 points per thread.
    • After a day, the spotlighted game will change and your scores will be added to your team's.

That's it. No need to sign-up! You can join at any time you want.

Last edited:
    Years
    .[/CENTER]

Happy with this event! Structure and that is the same as last year, which worked great!

Only thing is maybe just adding a tidbit about expecting the forums to potentially be a bit slow, or to just be aware that when posting sometimes it may take a while? I know that last year we had some issues because so many people were posting at once, that the sections went a bit wild.

Point-wise, I'm happy with it as it is (I think it averaged to around 750 points per team last year?), but will wait on giving this the full go ahead. Just want to see how other events compare and make sure this fits in with it!

Years
    Are we planning to just directly translate points earned to team point totals? Or does earning the most points in this game make you the winner and so and and so forth? I don't remember that part.

Other than that clarification though, I think it looks good.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Are we planning to just directly translate points earned to team point totals? Or does earning the most points in this game make you the winner and so and and so forth? I don't remember that part.

Other than that clarification though, I think it looks good.

The former, points earned directly go to the team's total points

Years
    The former, points earned directly go to the team's total points

My concern with that is that over the course of the GT that could eventually lead to this event offering a disproportionately high amount of points that others.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    In that case, could I do a set amount of points that can be earned per day and distribute it between teams based on the total number of posts its members had?

For example, a day has 50 points. Team Oak has 60 posts while Team Laventon has 40. Since the total is 100, 60% of the 50 points go to Oak while 40% goes to Laventon. I think this could lessen the odds of that happening.

My concern with making the scoring long form for an event like this is that it would demotivate participation for people who join a bit late, since they'd have to rely on the top scores slipping up somehow.

Years
    In that case, could I do a set amount of points that can be earned per day and distribute it between teams based on the total number of posts its members had?

For example, a day has 50 points. Team Oak has 60 posts while Team Laventon has 40. Since the total is 100, 60% of the 50 points go to Oak while 40% goes to Laventon. I think this could lessen the odds of that happening.

My concern with making the scoring long form for an event like this is that it would demotivate participation for people who join a bit late, since they'd have to rely on the top scores slipping up somehow.

This could probably work. My only real worry is that it could get messy point-wise if we end up with numbers that don't divide so easily. If Aaron and the others don't mind that though, I'm down.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Might just round up those, really

How does a total of 360 points sound? I'll run the event for 12 days and each day has 30 points split between the teams

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    No, I'm talking about with doing points as a percentage.

The way I'm seeing is that the excess of points comes from the daily points that accumulate, and with like 5 players playing perfectly for 12 days means like 600 points if I'm not mistaken

Using percentage, and having a maximum amount of points this event can give, the event wouldn't give above around 360 points at the end of the GT

Years
    The way I'm seeing is that the excess of points comes from the daily points that accumulate, and with like 5 players playing perfectly for 12 days means like 600 points if I'm not mistaken

Using percentage, and having a maximum amount of points this event can give, the event wouldn't give above around 360 points at the end of the GT

You're definitely correct. Honestly, I'm probably worrying about nothing. If the others are fine with it, I'm fine with it.

Back