• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen G/S/C Rival?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    If he is Giovanni's son, I think it would be pretty good for the story to have him back. If he's not, obviously there's not much point in having the same rival.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    He could make some kind of appearance in the game, but I wouldn't mind if he didn't.
    And the idea of Team Rocket return is so lame -_- Team Rocket has been crushed twice and Giovanni quite the ''rocketing'' business ages ago.
    Also, Nintendo needs more originality to their plot, seriously, it's always been something along the lines of: ''OMGz, Team [INSERT NAME HERE] is terrorizing the Pokémon world, please stop him [INSERT NAME OF THE HERO HERE]'', while other trainers won't even lift a finger to stop them <.<
    (apart from Wallace/Steven in the R/S/E games, maybe, but the main hero did most of the job).

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    the whole team anything idea is pretty much ran to the root they couldnt possibly make another evil team again maybe can we see just an evil pokemon in the game for once not one that's bieng used for evil just a pokemon who wants to destroy everything in sight, ph and giovanni bieng in the games again would be cool, but not trying to lead a secret evil orginization or anything just giovanni

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    Perhaps...i never knew the Gold and Silver rival was Giovanni's son o.O, he doesn't look like him, but maybe they should have an enemy like the guy in Pokemon 2000 who wants to capture Lugia or something.

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
    no, they probably won't because they have gone off GSC almost completely, otherwise, Gold himself would make an appearance (Like Red in GSC)

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    calmind said:
    no, they probably won't because they have gone off GSC almost completely, otherwise, Gold himself would make an appearance (Like Red in GSC)

The Rocket lab on Five Island in FRLG shows the Rocket admin who ends up heading the revival in GSC say that he'll bring Rocket back, which happens in GSC.

bluestorm

Lucario and Mudkip! BLUE PWNS!
    Years
    Look at it this way. In Y/R/B and G/S/C the evil team was trying to steal pokemon. In S/R/E, the evil teams were trying to get more seas and water/ earth and land. In D/P, there will probably be a new team, maybe two teams, or im even hoping for three! But they have to have a good reason for causing destruction....hmm...lets brainstorm some ideas!

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    Silver was so cool! im guessing thats silver, gold was hiros name in manga.
    I don't really pay attention to that.
    If he came back it would rock. He wasn't givoannis son what you talking about. Am i right in saying he wasn't even in team rocket?

Lol I never knew that thing about the guy that revived rocket was in FrLg

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    smithy.boy said:
    Silver was so cool! im guessing thats silver, gold was hiros name in manga.
    I don't really pay attention to that.
    If he came back it would rock. He wasn't givoannis son what you talking about. Am i right in saying he wasn't even in team rocket?

Lol I never knew that thing about the guy that revived rocket was in FrLg

It's very likely that Silver is Giovanni's son. Read the topic to find the reasons why.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I'm not convinced about the whole Giovanni's son being your rival from GSC, just because of one obscure reference.

I would like a rival I can hate a bit though. Back in RBY, Gary was a good rival cos he was a bit arrogant, and even in GSC the rival there was not such a nice fellow either. Your RSE rival is a bit too friendly though, and while I didn't mind battling them, I didn't appreciate it as much as Gary, cos I used to look forward to kicking his butt, where as with Brandon/May I saw it as just another battle. Besides, you didn't battle them nearly as much as Gary, it's about 8-9 times over the game where as in RSE you only battle them about 4 times.

Rivalries don't have to be friendly, ya know.

Just my coupla coins.

Back