• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Gen 1 and Pokémon day care?

Days
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    Hi there all.
    I'm new to this site so would like to say hi to everyone.
    Also the main reason for my post is that Im getting alot of mixed answers from Google about the gen 1 games and the Pokémon day care centre.
    I'm replaying blue at the moment. And I left my Farfetchd in there for a while and I noticed that it's stats were pretty poor for a level 18. Seemed almost the same as when I dropped him off at level 10.
    Does anyone know why this is?
    The closest I can get is that apparently the stars and levels do increase like normal in the daycare but the EVs do not increase and stay the same.
    And the EVs make up a majority of the stat score?
    Is this correct and does anyone have any further information on this at all?.
    Any info will be appreciated. Thankyou
    The Retromon

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Gens 1 and 2 do not have EVs. They had something called Stat Experience. Unlike EVs, State EXP could go up to 65535 and you could max out every stat. The amount of stat points given by Stat Exp is roughly equal to RoundDown[0.25 * SquareRoot(StatExp)] * 0.01 * your level, and this results in a boost from 0 to 63 stat points at level 100. The stat exp gained from defeating a pokemon was equal to its base stat.

The Gen 1 day care gives 1 EXP per step and 0 Stat EXP.

Back