• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Gen i oddities

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Been playing gen i lately, these are some odd things I noticed while playing:

-Gym leaders can use items even when it isn't their turn. I burned Brock's Geodude and he already took his turn he still was able to use a Full Heal anyway. I don't think any other generation is like this.

-You take poison/burn damage after your turn ends, not when the entire turn of the battle ends.

-When you level up and you level up multiple times, it only shows the highest level you got to instead of individually showing each level you gained, so if you gain three levels, it only shows that your Pokemon grew to level 6 if you were 3.

What are some odd things you've seen in Gen I?

Back