• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genesect banned from SM OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'd like to preface this by saying that if there are already plans of creating a similar article then you can reject this.

Genesect was recently banned from SM OU. I figured an article about it would be interesting since OU will undergo a pretty huge tier shift. Particularly I want to tackle the following aspects:
    • why Genesect deserved to be tested
    • how Genesect impacted the OU metagame, as well as an overview of its most effective and popular sets
    • what Pokemon / playstyles will be more viable with Genesect out of the way
    • what are the general changes within the tier now that Genesect is gone
    • (optional, but useful) what are the next potential candidates for a suspect test

The article could also probably include some arguments presented by people on why or why not Genesect should be banned, which could be sourced from either Smogon's suspect test discussion or by our own members (or both).

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    sorry it's taking a while to put out the draft - had to pack stuff yesterday since i'm moving back to uni today. will pick up on this later in the evening after i've finished unpacking the things in my apartment, i've already got half of it written. eta on the first draft would likely be sometime tomorrow!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    ugh i've been running around chasing professors for the past 2 days begging for slots in their classes and i haven't been doing much progress for this

here's the unfinished draft, still lacking on many parts. i'll be chasing professors again today so i'll be unlikely to do anything until the evening, and i'll make it my utmost priority to finish this today. sorry for the delay!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ugh i've been running around chasing professors for the past 2 days begging for slots in their classes and i haven't been doing much progress for this

here's the unfinished draft, still lacking on many parts. i'll be chasing professors again today so i'll be unlikely to do anything until the evening, and i'll make it my utmost priority to finish this today. sorry for the delay!
    Poking for an update on progress!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back