• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Gilded Halls ★ IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gilded Halls ★ IC

Hilda Gard, The Alchemist

Just when Kevin was about to lit the second match, Hilda jumped down onto the seat beside him.

"Hi!" she said loudly.

She had been blushing like crazy after making that noise and weird lump of rock earlier, so she felt like going back to the comfort zone of hers that for now was Kevin.

"Myself, I didn't... Manage very well. I suppose the rest of the class, or I mean those who saw, think I have this cool affinity for earth now. But I think..." She leaned in closer to her roomate, hands on the table. "I think I was only using my power. To merge grains of sand into one big rock. How boring is that? I don't know if I have an affinity to anything..."

She then seemed to realize that she had been rambling again. "I mean. How are you feeling about that fire, Kevin? Any little tingles not of the kind that burns your skin off?"

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years

Kevin - Elements 101
    Proud as Punch

Kevin was pleasantly surprised to see that Hilda hadn't completely forgotten about him during the time that she spent experimenting with the sand inside the beaker.

"Hey there Hilda!" said Kevin responding to the greeting that she had given him.

"Hmm … I'm sure you have an affinity to something. You just need to find out what it is. Perhaps sand isn't the one that you can control? You could try the matches and the leaf and I suppose … the water. As for me and the fire, well … look".

Kevin reached down, picked up a match and struck it along the box. The flame danced along the end of the match before it started to slowly creep towards his fingers. He squinted his eyes and started to stare into the flame with extreme concentration. The flame crept closer and closer until it eventually was touching his fingertips. Thankfully the flame continued to burn without causing him any pain. He placed the match which was now engulfed in fire into the palm of his hand and let out a sigh of relief while looking over towards Hilda with a smile. Proud of his handiwork once more.

He let the match continue to burn for a few seconds before he blew it out and put the burnt stick down into the beaker. Kevin then sat back in his chair and looked over at Hilda once more.

"So yeah. That's how I'm getting on with the fire. Nothing spectacular but its progress I suppose".​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hilda & Kevin

Hilda watched Kevin's movements wide-eyed.

"So you can touch it without it burning you? How? I don't understand. The words on the board... Do they imply that every human being has an affinity for an element? Or just us? Because, let's face it, we're special." She gave Kevin a giggling smile.

"Yup, I don't get burned if I concentrate on what I'm doing. If I lose concentration though … then I end up burning myself, bad. To be honest … "Kevin leaned in closer and started to whisper before continuing what he was saying. "I think my power has something to do with me not getting burned. I think my electricity cancels out the effects of the flames. At least that's what I think is happening or yeah … maybe it's because we're special."

Kevin let out a little laugh during the last part of the sentence and proceeded to sit back in his chair once more. He was still very unsure if anyone else had powers at this school. As it stands, the only two people which he knows has powers are Hilda and himself. It was probably best to keep his powers on the down low for now.

"But I'll try fire, sure. It's just, I only think of merging stuff and I can't really merge water or air with something because it would dribble off or fly away, yeah? But fire..." She borrowed a match from Kevin and lighted it up.

Holding the little flame close to her eyes, she tried to focus intently on it. "Hmm... I've got an idea," she said. "Hang on."

Still holding the burning match stick, she went back to the table she had been at before and picked up her own beaker with the lump or rock or whatever it really was inside. She put it down beside Kevin's beaker on the other table and picked the round rock up.

"Think I can merge these? Make a fireball?" she asked with wiggling eyebrows. "Maybe you'd be able to hold it! Throw it like a weapon, like a wizard in a video game or something."

"I mean you could try. But … wouldn't that just be using your powers again?" whispered Kevin.

Hilda rolled her eyes. "Yeah maybe. But like I said, I don't know if I even have an 'affinity'. But you'll get to practice your non-burn skills with this fireball! Ready?"

Since the old match had burned out by now and she wasn't quite as impervious as Kevin, she lit a new one before holding it up in one hand and the rock in the other again. She focused as usual and tried to imagine the rock on fire, rather than a muddy matchstick on fire or a wooden ball or worse: a fireball encased in mud. Could happen. She shook her head to get rid of those weird images before focusing on her goal again and kicking the alchemy into action.

Instantly, she felt like her blood turned to ice. Her ears went deaf and stars danced in her vision. She could vaguely see something burning in her hands before she felt her body tipping over and hit the floor. She didn't seem to be able to move her body, and she wasn't even sure if she was breathing or not. Her half-blinded eyes stared as the matchstick and the rock both rolled or tipped over to the ground as well.

No alchemy had happened.​

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
    Adrian Tiberius Drake
    Chapter One: Enter the Chaos Lord

"Not all roads lead to success." He stared at the odd message on the blackboard, and stared even more intensely at the many beakers lined up at the front of the spacious classroom.

Walking up to the large desk, he saw more clearly that each beaker had a different substance in it -- be it sand, water, or something else. Rapidly picking up what looked to be a sealed beaker filled with water, he returned to his desk, which sat towards the back of the classroom -- a perfect spot for one that discreetly showed up late this morning.

Sitting down on the plain wooden desk, he placed the beaker towards the surface's center, and continued to stare at the thing, like all the other classmates. What the hell am I supposed to do with this thing? He doubted that this question was far from anyone else's mind.

Rapidly, he came up with a list of ideas, almost all of which were instantly ruled out. He had no idea what to do, and this was rapidly getting boring... and he really did only two things when he got this intensely bored. The first was to stare outside the windows, marveling in the beautiful morning sunlight drifting into the large classroom, or in what lay beyond this place where time rapidly lost all meaning.

The other? A wicked grin split his face. Tapping the beaker, he was pleased to see that it seemed to be made of some thin plastic. This beaker must have been made for this moment!

He looked around carefully, and saw that the others in the classroom were doing their own thing. So, he got off the desk's seat, and knelt beside it, giving himself some distance between himself and the beaker. Then, he stretched his hand out towards the object, and he envisioned the water moving forward within the container.

With this image in mind, he concentrated harder and harder, and he felt his power slowly going to work... but in a different way than usual! Instead of seeing the container suddenly fly into pieces, he saw the water inside slowly move to the opposite end of the container. As he strengthened both his concentration and resolve, he noticed that the water was starting to move a lot more violently within the beaker.

However, he couldn't last much longer. He was beginning to feel faint, and the water began to move in the container a lot more violently. Instead of moving away from his hand, the water started sloshing everywhere within the beaker, and the container itself was beginning to be strained under the sudden pressure from the violently moving water.

Before long, the container suddenly exploded under the pressure of the escaping water, and Adrian lost all concentration over how the material was moving. The brief moment noise and chaos that the explosion produced was more than enough to overwhelm what few higher mental functions he had left available to him, and what was left of his mind began to panic.

When he finally came to, his face and chest were wet, as was everything within a few feet of the desk. What remained of the plastic beaker was a twisted pile of tortured plastic, and he felt something moist running past his lips. He wiped off his face in irritation, and almost reeled in horror as he realized that he was having a violent nosebleed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back