• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics discussion

Years

• The official trailer has now been revealed, and we got our first sneek peak at the game. Among other things, one thing we can discuss now is the graphics. Reception on the look of the game has been a mixed bag as of right now.

What do you think about the graphics and textures so far? What's good? What's bad?

Years
  • Fooled me into thinking it was gonna be PLA DLC or something. It's pretty rough around the edges indeed, and personally am still not a fan of the full 3D direction Pokemon has taken over the years. But hey there's nothing we can do about it so I'll prolly get used to it eventually :p

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I honestly think they look solid. The only thing I'd really like to see it new and updated idol/battle animations for the already existing Pokémon 3D models.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I honestly stopped caring about graphics to be honest, especially seeing some overworld models in Legends moving at like a really low fps, so I feel like graphics should not be a priority here. I care significantly more about the gameplay.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Just rewatched the trailer and to be fair, it's a weird one. I think towns and cities look good, but the rest of the overworld not so much. There's still the issue with the textures looking like that of some GCN game, which can be seen mainly on those shots with dirt paths and stuff on them.

However, there's also a good amount of detail in how the pokémon look, like Seviper's scales, Lucario's fur and Magnemite finally looking like it's made out of metal.

Overall, I think it looks better than Arceus, but that's not saying much honestly. I seriously hope they have better-than-swsh-quality. It's setting a low bar as well, but it's pokémon and my hopes are at their lowest.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I love the graphics. The lighting and detail is amazing. Even the grass looks better, even though I think it could still be less pointy. I feel like people need to go back and play Gamecube Games and then compare. I feel like people are comparing without actually remembering what gamecube games looked like.

The graphics still have a good amount to go before they are on par with Splatoon 2 and BotW, but they will get there eventually. They are getting very close.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    To each their own but the overworld graphics look bad in my opinion. They have somehow gone backwards from LGPE/SwSh - which I don't doubt is in part down to this being open world, but it's also pretty sad to see when there are other gorgeous games available on the Switch. Of course graphics aren't everything, but these don't look good

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It reminds me a lot of PLA style graphics... which is cool. I really really didn't like how the graphics went backwards from SwSh in BpSd so I think anything other than the small chibi style we were used to = awesome.

Back